How to Contemporize Your Bedroom
- Author Vicki Duong
- Published June 3, 2007
- Word count 507
Updating your bedroom and giving it that contemporary edge can be a fun project to undertake. If you read my earlier two articles How to Contemporize your Living Room and How to Contemporize your Dining Room, then you'll remember that one of the easiest ways to contemporize your bedroom is with a few furniture quick fixes.
Before you start working on refurbishing your bedroom, think about what kind of mood you'd wish to achieve. Considering that it is the bedroom, I'm going to take an educated guess and assume that you're looking to evoke a peaceful ambience to help you forget the woes and troubles of your day. The bedroom is after all, a place in which you rest. With that said, be sure to choose wisely when purchasing a bed - not only does it have to look appealing enough to sleep in, it also has to match with your decor.
Platform beds are very contemporary in style, and design wise they're absolutely gorgeous. Conveying a look of heightened style, sophistication and fine attention to design and detail, these types of beds are perfect for giving your bedroom that comforting yet stylish edge. The Sensay Platform Bed and Feng Shui Platform Bed on Eco-Furniture.com are excellent examples of what I'm describing. True, they're both finished in dark hues but you don't have to go in that direction to get the modern look you're seeking. Natural finishes and lighter browns are also available for those who prefer something a bit brighter.
Once you've decided upon the bed, the next step is to choose your nightstand. Nightstands come in handy for keeping journals, important documents and even jewelry by your bedside. As handy as they are, they should also be considered important design elements for your bedroom. That's why it's best to opt for having a pair of nightstands in your bedroom, one for each side of the bed. With this design scheme, the look of your bed will be balanced by the nightstands flanking each side, giving it a symmetry look. Another thing to keep in mind before purchasing your nightstands: it's not a bad idea to make sure that they match the bed.
Utilizing that same idea mentioned above, you may want to consider purchasing a dresser in the same finish or style as your bed. A necessity for those who aren't lucky enough to have a walk-in closet, dressers are essential to keeping all your personal effects in order. Just by keeping your bedroom organized you can transform your bedroom into a peaceful haven, which is why a dresser is a must have.
Refurbishing your bedroom or any part of your home is always an interesting project to commence upon. And like I've mentioned in my previous articles, the end result is always well worth the effort. By the time you're done giving your bedroom its mini makeover, you'll feel like a completely different person every time you walk in after a long day from work and in the morning when you've rested up.
For a wide selection in bed frames and dining tables, be sure to visit Eco-Furniture.com.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Exquisite and Custom Interior Design With a Professional Company
- How to arrange your bathroom?
- 3 Things I Love About Cabin Decor
- Sophisticated Cabin Decor Ideas
- Home Décor and Functional Utilization Ideas with Hallway Benches
- Guest Bedroom Decoration Ideas
- A Rug Adds a Touch of Beauty to Your Room
- Five Design Ideas For Your Living Room
- Top 10 Bohemian Décor Ideas
- Why Having A Great Office Interior Design Matters
- How to Feminize Your Cabin Decor
- The Lazy Man’s Guide to Cabin Decor
- Guaranteed No Stress Cabin Decor
- Enhance your night's sleep: Tips on the 8 best fabrics for duvet covers
- Hottest Wedding Trends for 2019
- Industrial Decor Style - 5 Ways to Incorporate This Style in Your Home
- 7 Types of Cabin Styles and Themes
- What Colors Do I Use in My Cabin Home?
- Things To Consider When Choosing School Stage Curtains
- A Short Guide to Theatre Curtains and Drapes
- How to Make Your House a Cabin, Even If It Isn’t
- 3 Things I Hate About Cabin Decor
- Tips for Choosing Dining Chairs Online
- Styling Designer Homewares
- How to Create a Great Guest Bedroom in Your Cabin Home
- How to Decorate Your Cabin to Impress your Guests
- Begin Your Path Into COASTAL DÉCOR With Little To No Budget!
- Decorating Your Living Room with Neutral Colours
- Tips for Mendhi Decor to Blow the Minds of Your Guests
- The Best 5 Bedrooms | Designer Bedroom Furniture