The Art of Buying Travel Luggage
- Author Catherine Olivia
- Published August 2, 2007
- Word count 508
Not all luggage is created equal. There is a wide variety of prices and quality between manufacturers. Before you purchase luggage you should consider what your actual luggage usage will be. There is no need for you to purchase the most expensive luggage if you only travel once or twice a year or if you never plan to fly.
Most people probably remember the old Samsonite commercial with gorillas throwing the luggage around their cage. While this was hilarious it was close to the truth. Checked luggage takes a beating.
If you never plan to fly you don't need super expensive luggage. Of course, we'd never recommend buying the cheapest either. You will still need luggage that will hold up under some abuse.
We'd also recommend you pay close attention to how luggage is priced. Most manufacturers highly over inflate the price of their luggage then bring the prices down claiming they are on sale or are deeply discounted. Don't believe this. This is what the jewelry industry does. When you're looking at luggage always start with the final price.
One thing you'll find is hundreds of different brands of luggage. From the expensive high end Ricardo luggage which has a built in digital scale, to lesser priced American Flyer luggage and many in between. Some luggage manufacturers try to reach a young audience with their styles and patterns. JanSport luggage does this. Some companies make children's luggage with smaller sizes and adorable prints. Liz Claiborne luggage is sophisticated and stylish for the fashionable woman traveler.
You're lucky if your luggage is only beat up and not lost. What about lost airline luggage? Do you have any idea what happens to it? Did you know that you can buy articles from lost airline luggage?
Were you aware that if you don't want to both with your luggage at all when you travel you can use a luggage delivery service? It isn't cheap, but you can have your luggage picked up from your home and have it waiting for you at your destination. Again, be aware of prices. Some have up front pricing. Some are a bit more difficult to figure out. Some charge extra for Saturday delivery and add pick up and fuel surcharges to the price. Make sure that you are fully aware of all charges when it comes to a luggage delivery service, and be aware that they generally quote one-way prices only.
The choice of luggage can make or break your vacation. The last thing you need to have happen is to have a zipper break, or a seam split or have a handle break as you're walking out the door to the airport. Experts will say don't overload your suitcase. This causes undue stress on zippers and seams. Examine your suitcase when you take it off the airline carousel. Check it to make sure there has been no damage done to your luggage. If there is obvious damage done to your luggage immediately take it to the airline customer service center to report it.
There are no posted comments.
- What Size of Waist Trainer to Choose?
- Cheap VS Expensive Mattresses: How to Get the Best Value for Money
- 5 Ways To Reduce Your Electricity Bill
- Tips before buying reclining sofa
- How To Buy Diamond?
- Choosing the best glasses for your face shape
- How to choose the wedding dress in a few steps
- Birthday Gift Baskets
- What You Need to Know about the Best Grow Lights
- How to Choose the Best Grow Tent for Your Plants and Space
- How to purchase right Micro SD Card for the electronic gadgets?
- 5 Points to Consider When Choosing a Mattress from a Store
- How To Choose Satchel And Hobo Bag
- What Is Tinder? How to Find Members on Tinder Online Dating Site?
- How To Buy Layflat Slurry Hose
- Military Retirement Gifts Buying Guide
- There is a Shopify behind Every Online Shopping
- Best Carry-on Travel Backpack
- The Greatest Guide to Online Shopping Is Right Here
- Are You Shopping for Bed Linen -- Here Are a Few Tips
- Why a Cash Voucher can be A Perfect Gift for Your Loved Ones?
- 5 Star hotel pillows– A better way to sleep at night
- Select the best mountain biking jerseys and increase longevity with these tips!
- How to safely buy an used phones - tutorial
- Simple Tips for Car Enthusiasts About New Tires
- What beard suits you? Should you trim or groom it!
- Choosing the right projector to suit your needs
- Preparation, is it Worth the Price
- What is The Triangular Recycling Symbol Found at the Bottom of Plastic Products?
- What To Look For When Buying A Good Hunting Coat or Jacket