Acupuncture & Weight Loss
- Author Anand Dongre
- Published November 11, 2007
- Word count 518
In the United States, obesity is rapidly growing as a major disease. It is beyond surprise that more than half of the population in the country is overweight and the rate is still increasing. Obesity or overweight has many reasons to grow but on the other hand there are only a few methods to bring the weight under control. Moreover, the success of such methods differs from person to person and most of the time comes under the scanner. This means, successful long term weight loss is incredibly difficult for most people to achieve. And along with the weight loss methods and treatments, most of us have tried diets that may trigger some weight loss but at the end tend to gain back the weight they lost plus some additional pounds. This seems as an unending story for some, but those who have tried acupuncture as a method to control weight have something different to say.
Acupuncture, is one of the ancient healing techniques still in use. And those who have tried weight loss with the aid of this age old method can definitely vouch for its success. With the success stories of many, more and more people are turning to acupuncture weight loss treatments. Acupuncture, as a healing technique, is a practice that is more than 5,000 years old, and is appreciably older than Western medicinal therapies and practices.
Most of us are aware of the techniques involved in Acupuncture and while considering weight loss with this method, it involves inserting hair-thin needles into particular spots on the skin that are believed to help the body function properly. In general, the method of Acupuncture helps to stimulate the body and to discharge endorphins, which are nothing but body's own pain-relieving chemicals which makes us feel good. This can be considered one of the ways in which Acupuncture helps us in weight loss releasing endorphins and in turn control appetite. The weight loss treatment begins with the proper history of the patient which the acupuncture specialist will note down by asking a variety of questions. Most of the times the specialist also performs an examination of the patient. The intention is to recognize the main grounds of the person's excess weight as the weight gain is sometimes simply behavioral, or sometimes there is a physiological reason as well.
After the questioning and examinations, the root causes of the problem are identified, and the acupuncture specialist can continue with proper treatment of the same. To start with the specialist can insert needles into different areas of the body in order to help improve the body's functioning in a way that will promote weight loss. In most of the weight loss cases, the acupuncture specialist uses a multi-targeted approach. One of this is the method to attempt to lower the body's weight by increasing the output of the pituitary gland. Another method is to decrease the carving for foods. Or the specialist can also attempt to encourage a decrease in natural appetite. In this way, some needle placements are even considered to lower insulin levels or lipid levels in the blood.
There are no posted comments.
- The exciting new breakthrough in weight loss is an ingredient that helps you lose weight.
- A Guide to Weight Loss with Ketosis Advanced: How to Safely and Effectively Lose Weight
- How to burn fat fast using Ketosis
- Unveiling the Secrets of Ikaria Lean Belly Juice for Effective Weight Loss
- The Ikaria Lean Belly Juice: A Refreshing Path to Sustainable Weight Loss
- Losing Weight With The Ikaria Lean Belly Juice
- Discovering the Wonders of Ikaria Lean Belly Juice: A Secret to Health and Longevity?
- Ketosis Advanced Review: Unlocking the Secrets of Ketogenic Weight Loss
- Burn Fat Real Fast (works like Magic)
- The Ketogenic Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Burning Fat
- Workouts to Lose Weight : The Ultimate Guide
- Cider Vinegar
- 7 Bodyweight Exercises for Effective Weight Loss: Shedding Pounds Naturally
- The Ultimate Guide to Effective and Sustainable Weight Loss
- The Big Picture of Permanent Weight Loss
- Top 15 Weight Loss Myths
- Fast Weight Loss Is More Water Than Fat
- Burn Fat Faster: Boost Metabolism Naturally in Men 30+ without Stimulants
- On the off chance that you're diabetic, don't hang tight for your smartwatch to supplant your needles
- How I Lost 45 Pounds In 2 Months
- Exactly how To Obtain The Right Weight Loss Tablets
- The Art of Commitment: Sticking With Your Exercise Routine
- The Ultimate Guide to Keto Recipes: A Delicious Way to Shed Pounds Quickly
- 3 Reasons to Lose Weight
- What is a smoothie good for?
- Speed Up Your Metabolism: Secrets to a Healthier, Leaner You
- "Exploring a Promising New Natural Weight Loss Strategy"
- The Ultimate Guide to How to Lose Weight Quickly and Safely
- Weight Loss with Metformin
- Losing Weight with Medication and a Keto Meal Plan