Is now the time to 'Go Gold'?
- Author Jon Neal
- Published August 28, 2010
- Word count 646
This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind... let it be something good.
There is (still) a great deal of fear and panic in today's marketplace, wouldn't you agree?
As a tax professional, you know that I sit down with families and business owners on a regular basis--to discuss the best ways to set their accounts up in order to minimize their tax burden.
But in the last year or two, we also find ourselves having the same kinds of conversations with clients--regularly. People are scared, stressed and more and more worried about what the future holds. And, by the way, this runs the gamut from those whose liquid assets are significant, to those living month-to-month.
The emotion is the same.
And it really is confusing out there--so many shysters who promise the moon. And one of the most popular investment ports in the storm is GOLD.
Now, I won't be getting into macro-economic prognostication here (too many experts disagree about what's going to happen to the value of gold), I simply want to make sure you knew about two methods for "investing" in gold, and their problems.
If we can save you from some mistakes, it's a great week in our book. So, that's the subject of this week's Strategy Note...
Two Problematic Gold Options
There is a lot of clamor in the mainstream media these days about gold, much of it because of how certain talk show hosts are advising their listeners to invest in it because of the economic chaos.
Politicians want to make "hay" out of the apparent conflicts of interest, and companies want to make big profits from the fear running rampant in the marketplace.
The first, very common option is through a well-advertised company called Goldline. Certain politicians are slamming this company, saying it's a scam. However, I WILL say this: this company is not a scam, it is not a fraud--no prosecutions have been filed, and they don't seem to be coming.
It is, however, over-priced. By the company's own admission, I might add.
Bottom line, this company is selling a product and doing so very well because they're ALL over the place. They recognize that people are panicking and they are putting out a product that people think they need. They're advertising on programs, and using pitchmen and women, that bombard their viewers with doom and gloom (perhaps rightly so). They're basing their prices on the "numismatic" (collector) value of the coins they sell, but these values are very subjective...and difficult to quantify.
So here's my advice: tread carefully, and if you DO invest in gold, find a way to do it which doesn't carry an up-charge.
The second way that people are using gold, is by selling it off--and there are numerous companies all-too-happy to take it off your hands...for not very much money.
Yes, you can get "cash for gold", but be careful of the companies who spend a lot of money advertising on mass media sites, etc. The REASON they have so much money to advertise their services is that they are making serious profits from under-paying their "customers" and selling the gold themselves much higher. Buy low, sell high--right?
Look...if you're seriously strapped enough that you're considering this route, give me a call. There are better options available to you, and I'd like to help you out.
I'm personally dedicated to the success of your family--and to your finances! Can other tax professionals say that?our lives and relationships, especially in a season of change.
Jon Neal is a friendly, "jargon free" tax professional in the Milwaukee area. He offers tax preparation services in the Milwaukee area and beyond, as well as a variety of accounting and tax professional services. For a Free Report on saving money on taxes, visit: http://nealgroup.net.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Only Economic Strategy That Systematically Lowers Your Taxes While Paying Off the National Debt
- Let's End Wage Slavery in the USA
- The role of AI in finance
- Adsense Pros And Cons
- Places You Can Save Money For Your Family
- Best ways to make money in 2019
- 5 Credit Hacks to Boost Your Credit Score Fast
- How The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act Works For You
- Real Estate Outlook May 2019
- What Your Dad Never Told You About Income Investing: Q & A
- Looking for interests from your investments? Intus Life!
- How To Get Wholesale Houses In 7 Days or Less
- Life Settlements: The Option of Selling Unwanted Life Insurance
- Do Stock Market Numbers Really Matter?
- Real Estate Outlook May 2018
- Harnessing Stock Market Volatility
- Real Estate Investment Outlook
- Health Insurance A Must For Everyone
- Managing The Retirement Income Portfolio: The Plan
- 5 Reasons to Hire a Financial Planner
- Why Retirement Planning Is Important
- Florida Online Deed Sales - 2017
- How to make money: 11 tips to learn how to invest your capital
- How Can You Build A Bigger Pension?
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Millionaires of the 21st Century
- Finding the Good Real Estate Deals
- Only Action Will Create Wealth
- The Global Reset
- Commodity Prices Have Crashed
- What the Wealthy Do Different