Natural Cures for Diabetes
- Author C. A. Ewings
- Published November 12, 2010
- Word count 519
According to the American Diabetes Association, around 21 million people suffer from diabetes in the United States. A larger and larger percentage of these people are turning to natural cures for diabetes.
Currently there is no known cure but the general routine for a person that has been diagnosed is to alter their lifestyle, eating habits and exercise routine. There has been, however, some new research that has led to the belief that a cure for diabetes is found in alternative and natural medicine, not through traditional medicine, which has thus far failed to produce a cure. Natural treatments have shown a lot of promise in being able to reduce or stop this horrible disease.
Natural Medicine Defined
Natural medicine may also be called holistic medicine or alternative medicine. It is a medical path that is focused on using Eastern methods or folk medicine methods of treatment for diseases, injuries and other medical ailments. In most cases treatments are done with the thought that treating what is wrong needs to be done with a whole body approach and not just focusing in on the specific problem. Natural medicine does not involve the use of traditional medications. Instead it uses herbs, other natural substances and therapeutic methods to treat patients.
Acupuncture is something widely used in Eastern medicine. It is a concept based upon the idea that the body has several areas that when stimulated will affect the flow of energy in the body and help the body to naturally heal itself. The idea of energy is something widely used in Eastern medicine since the belief is that it is the energy flow of the body that determines overall health.
Acupuncture is used to help fix blood flow within the body and to improve the function of the pancreas. Different methods of treatment may be used by the acupuncturist when treating a patient with diabetes.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is something that has been long used in folk medicine. It is said to have great powers and be able to heal. Vinegar, specifically, has been proven to have an effect on blood sugar levels. In a patient with diabetes, supplements of apple cider vinegar can help to lower blood sugar, bringing about stability and stopping the need for medications.
Herbs are often used as well. There are many herbs that have shown to be effective in controlling the blood sugar levels. Some of the herbs used include aloe vera, cinnamon and garlic.
Natural approaches to curing diabetes are not something that many doctors will accept. Most likely a doctor will push a patient to start taking medications and to use other methods of treatment. They do this simply because they are on the side of science and anything that can't be proved beyond a doubt in a lab is not something they want to back.
Natural methods are very difficult, sometimes impossible to prove, but that does not mean they are not effective. For someone looking to cure their diabetes, though, using natural methods along with proper diet and exercise is one of the best ways.
C. A. Ewings teaches alternative medicine treatments to health problems at AlternativeMedicineNaturalRemedies.com. Learn more about natural cures for diabetes at her Web site.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Healing Power of Large Scale Wall Decorations in Medical Institutions
- How is osteoarthritis of the big toe joint treated?
- The potential benefits of psychedelic mushrooms for mental health treatment.
- When to Step in: Signs That Aging Parents Need Help
- Do you need arch supports?
- Preoperative Screening in Surgery
- Dealing with Food Poisoning: Symptoms, Treatments, and Prevention
- Managing Arthrosis: Understanding Symptoms and Treatment Options for Joint Health
- Healing the Hurt: Understanding Stomatitis - Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
- Unraveling Thrombosis: Understanding Symptoms and Treatments for Blood Clots
- BENCHMARK THAT PATIENT
- Elbow Pain: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment Options
- Say No to An Unwanted Pregnancy by Choosing Medical Abortion
- "Clear Vision and Quality Care: Opticians in Aintree Liverpool at Your Service"
- EFFICACY AND SAFETY OF NON ABLATIVE FRACTIONAL LASERS THERAPY IN PATIENT WITH STRIAE DISTENSAE
- Specsavers Liverpool: Quality Eye Care in Kirkby, Knowsley, Fazakerley, and St. Helen's
- "Preventing and Managing Primary Eye Care Emergencies: A Guide for Liverpool Residents"
- Quick Relief for Eye Emergencies: The Primary Eyecare Services Urgent Eyecare Service
- What are plicatured toe nails and what can be done about them?
- Euthanasia in Malaysia: Does it Bring Harm or Immoral?
- Who will benefit from knee joint replacement surgery?
- How important is zinc to our bodies?
- The cost-effectiveness of expanding statins treatment to 15 million more people in England
- 5 Simple Steps to a Neuropathy-Free Lifestyle Learn How to Relieve Symptoms and Improve Your Quality of Life
- New Study Reveals: Good Teeth Linked to High Levels of Beneficial Bacteria - Rethinking the Oral Hygiene Routine
- How To Know If A Patient Is In Critical Condition
- What went wrong with the thalidomide drug?
- How To Choose One Contra Angle Handpiece
- How to get the best running shoes for you
- How to deal with restless legs syndrome?