7 tips to Get More For Your Holiday Money
- Author Michelle Blackmore
- Published December 21, 2010
- Word count 584
At a time when the purse strings are being pulled tighter and tighter and a holiday is a real luxury, we could all do with saving a few pounds when and where we can.
So take a moment to read through our top holiday tips on saving money on your next holiday!
1.Book Now for 2011
Tour operators are offering some fantastic deals and discounts on next year’s holidays when you book early. That’s why a top tip for saving money is to book your 2011 holiday now! Or as early as possible. Big discounts and also low deposits are all available to encourage you to book your holiday now. What’s more, many operators are offering deals that they say won’t be beaten by late availability bookings, again in a bid to secure advanced bookings.
2.Travel Insurance Annual Policies
If you’re away travelling overseas on a regular basis, or you’re lucky enough to have two or more holidays a year, then you should look into the cost of single trip policies verses annual trip polices. The cost difference means big savings when trading in the single trips for an annual policy. Usually the cost of an annual travel insurance policy is around the cost of two single policies. You can choose from annual policies covering just European travel or worldwide policies. And like single policies you can choose the level of baggage cover you need and you can usually upgrade to cover winter sports too.
Check what limits your airlines impose on baggage. For example, budget airlines can charge you extras – on top of your ticket price – to take a suitcase. If you are going away for just a few days see if you can fit your belongings into a case that fits in hand luggage to escape any additional charges If you’re travelling in a group see if you can all pack a little less and share cases to reduce costs i.e. if there are four of you travelling see if you can get away with taking just three cases.
If you can be sure to order your foreign currency in advance and not purchasing it at the airports. You’ll get a lesser rate than on the high street and there can sometimes be additional charges too.
5.Pre-book Airport Parking
The cheapest way to book your airport parking is to pre-book but also to book it online. This way you will get the very best deals around. Try and book right after your holiday plans are confirmed.
Avoid paying the additional flight costs for an in-flight meal and take a packed lunch if you’re flying short haul, a little more tricky if you’re travelling long haul. Charges for in-flight meals can be as much as £10 each, per person. And even buying snacks and drinks on board is extremely expensive. If you’re concerned about food and drink getting through security then buy these items from the shops in the departure lounge – more expensive than from your local supermarket but still a lot cheaper than onboard the plane!
7.Book Sight Seeing Excursions in Advance
All sightseeing attractions and excursions these days can be booked and paid for in advance and online. Use the internet to get the very best deal on the days out you want to enjoy whilst you’re away – not only will you save money but you can avoid the long queues at the gate too!
Michelle Blackmore is an experienced traveller and contributor to Helpmetravel the airport parking price comparison site helping travellers compare and save money on their airport car parking.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to Prepare For Your Next Trip To Africa
- Why You Should Try Traveling Alone At Least Once In Your Life
- The Ultimate Hotel Guide To New York City
- 5 Top Tips to Get You Upgraded on Flights
- An Adventurous Journey To The Mesmerizing City Of Middleton
- Who knew San Juan could be this fun? My experience all jotted down for you!
- Travel Tips To Make Your Vacation Planning Easier
- 5 Questions About Visiting Japan You’d Want Answers For
- 5 Ways to Spice Up Your Japan Travel Itinerary
- Things To Consider When You Go Work in Magaluf For The Summer
- Top-10 Cardiff Attractions
- Using the Public Transport Systems in Paris
- How To Travel In Style And Not Spend A Fortune Along The Way
- What Visa to Issue for a Foreigner for a Short Trip to Russia?
- 25 Africa safari myths and misconceptions
- Delicious Culinary Tourism in Medan
- How can you make new friends in travel countries .
- Will you Travel After Covid-19 crisis ends?
- Strange Things may Surprise you about North Korea
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Why Compare Cheap Airport Parking Valet Amenities for Vehicle Safety
- Everest base camp trek guide
- How to prepare for Annapurna base camp trek
- Manaslu Larke La pass Trekking
- 10 Wine Tasting Tips and Tricks for Napa Valley
- 6 Best National Parks In The Usa To Visit In Spring
- Migrating to Russia - All you need to know
- Russia travel tips - is it safe to travel to russia ?
- Things to Do in Dalat at Night
- The Best Nightlife Activities in Mui Ne