How To Use Sponge Painting To Create That Faux Finish
- Author Stephen Drummonsy
- Published December 24, 2010
- Word count 650
Sponge painting is under no circumstances an innovative new idea, but faux finishes on the whole continue to grow in popularity. It seems that there is a steady flow of new or efficient systems designed to bring the latest look in wall dÃ©cor to your home. The problem is that some of the techniques require a bit more skill and time than some people are willing to invest. Whilst you may be hesitant to attempt a few of the more elaborate faux finishes. Sponge painting remains one of the easiest methods to add some visual interest to the walls.
There are several ways you can use sponge painting to produce a faux finish, and below are two of the best ideas. Both ideas involve the use of glaze, and the techniques are generally completed by anyone - no unusual skills are required!
Before applying the faux finish, be sure to properly prepare your walls.
Â· Wash walls by wiping them with a damp sponge. When dry, give them a wipe with a lint free cloth to remove any stray particles.
Â· Tape off all areas that you don't want to get paint on for instance molding and window frames. Make sure to use a top quality painter's tape to ensure that you won't remove the finish from areas which have been taped.
Â· If you are applying a color which is lighter than the present wall color, you will have to use one coat of excellent quality primer. Even if that is not the case, you might consider applying primer so that the new paint will have a fresh foundation. Once you have prepared your walls, you're ready to start. Glazing can be completed in any color you choose, so you have no limits to your creativity. This technique is just a coat of glazing applied over a base coat to achieve a faux finish.
Once the base coat is applied, apply the faux glaze in small sections. The glaze is made by mixing your paint color with faux glaze. To cover an area of around 400 square feet, you need to mix one quart of paint to one gallon of glaze.
. Use a roller to apply the glaze to your wall, ensuring that excess paint has been removed from the roller before beginning.
Â· Next, dab with a slightly damp sea sponge. First, dab at the edges left by the roller after which you can dab the whole area.
Â· It is important to finish dabbing before the glaze dries, so you'll have to work swiftly. When the sponge has a lot of glaze on it, rinse the sponge and continue. Use all sides of the sponge in an effort to achieve a random pattern.
Â· Continue, taking care to blend away all hard edges with the sponge.
This method uses the same glaze mixture as the first one, but for this idea you will not roll the glaze onto the wall. Instead, it is going to be applied with the sponge.
Â· Place a damp sea sponge into the glaze mixture, and remove the excess.
Â· Starting in the corner, dab the glaze onto the wall.
Â· You can apply as much or as little of this glaze as you want, just keep on until you prefer the effect which has been accomplished.
Â· Continue adding glaze to the sponge as required, being careful not to apply excessive glaze. The sponge really should not be soaked with glaze.
Â· As you work, make sure to blend each section into the other. You don't want to leave any hard lines behind.
Â· You may also decide to add another coat of glaze in another color. This can add a look of depth on your walls.
These two sponge methods are perfect for beginners who want to achieve a faux finish. Try it this weekend and discover how you can easily remodel your room in only one day!
Interior and exterior painting is difficult work and by doing it yourself you may or may not pull off the effects that you've been expecting. If you are going to paint the interior of your house then check out painter london first. There is a lot of arranging to do, so you really have to to plan it carefully, otherwise you will end up wasting the paint you have bought.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Making Money Online: How To Build A Thriving Business From Home
- How to Sell Products on Amazon
- 13 Profitable Side Hustles for Single Dads
- How to Make Money Online
- The Evolution of Selling Products on Amazon
- Overcoming Fears by Pushing Yourself Out of Your Comfort Zone
- 5 Modern Bathroom Tiles You Should Consider
- How To Land Your first job on Upwork in 24 hours
- Exterior Brick Trends for a Modern Home
- The Unique Custom Alarm Boxes You'll Love
- How to make money online 2022
- The Essential Landing Page Checklist
- The Place of Augmented Reality in Marketing
- Four Ways You Are Losing Customers on Facebook
- Home Office: Save Time and Money by Working at Home
- What To Do If You Find a Leak in Your Roo
- How To Become An Online Entrepreneur
- How To Have The Best Landing Page For Your Website
- Madhavi Doki on Tips for Running a Successful Online Business
- Moving Overseas: How to Move Efficiently
- Passive Income Secrets
- Why It's Important to Change Locks When Moving into a New Home
- How To Have A Profitable Membership Site
- First Time Moving House? A Checklist of 7 Things to Remember
- 5 Tips for Successful Remote Work: The Ultimate Guide To Working Remotely
- Hоw tо Gеt Traffic tо Yоur Site for Frее
- Make Money On Facebook In 2022
- How To Avoid Running Into Mortgage Paying Trouble for Calgary Homeowners
- Discover The Secrets To Financial Freedom
- Should you get solar panels in Adelaide?