The Potential Health Benefits of Medical Marijuana
- Author Andrew Bartlett
- Published February 6, 2011
- Word count 517
It should be noted that this article is for information purposes only and should not, under any circumstances, be accepted as legal advice or health advice.
It’s difficult to say whether medical marijuana is as helpful as many people believe it can be. Since there are so many legal issues wrapped up with the use of marijuana, it seems that a lot of scientific studies aren’t considered trustworthy, or they’re discounted simply because the drug is not widely accepted. According to a number of Internet and scientific sources, there are health benefits to using medical marijuana under the supervision of a physician. Bur this does not mean you should use marijuana to treat or control a medical issue unless your doctor prescribes it.
Conditions Impacted by Marijuana
According to patient case studies and scientific research, medical marijuana can be helpful in a variety of situations, including:
• AIDS (HIV)
• AIDS Wasting
• Alzheimer's Disease
• Breathing Disorders
• Cancer Treatments
• Crohn's Disease
• Gastrointestinal Disorders
• Hepatitis C
• Multiple Sclerosis
• Muscle Spasms
• Pain Control
• Psychological Conditions
• Tourette's Syndrome
• Terminal Illnesses
The most common usage for marijuana is in the treatment of cancer. When a patient is undergoing chemotherapy, they can have extreme nausea and vomiting, which can lead to dehydration and weight loss. In order to stop the weight loss, a patient can smoke, eat, or take a marijuana drug (Marinol) to help the nausea subside. Patients who can not eat often find that smoking is easier and helpful for their symptoms.
Those who have chronic pain have reported better results with MMJ, though current pain therapies are improving as well. Some physicians may find the combination of therapies can be helpful.
Low Incidence of Side Effects
Many people don’t realize that medical marijuana has a low risk of side effects, unlike other pharmaceuticals. While some patients might experience slight side effects of paranoia and some coughing from the inhalation of smoke, many patients notice few effects with continued use. This lack of effects is a sharp contrast from most commonly prescribed medications. When a patient has had troubles with drug side effects, using marijuana might be a good way to see if a patient’s quality of life can be improved. Overdoses are also unheard of in scientific studies of marijuana use.
Non-Addictive Drug Choice
Contrary to what many people believe, most medical marijuana research has shown that marijuana is not an addictive drug. While patients may enjoy using it often, it is not physically addictive. Again, this is unlike many commonly used medications, like codeine. A patient can use marijuana without fear of becoming addicted, and they can stop without any problems related to withdrawal, according to the current research studies.
Medical marijuana has a number of health benefits, according to scientists who study the drug. While some might dispute the findings, continued studies will clarify the benefits that marijuana might offer to some patients. Not all drugs are right for everyone, but MMJ seems to be a good choice for many patients for whom traditional treatments are not effective.
Andrew Bartlett is the Managing Director of The Seed Dispensary which specializes in providing over 1,500 strains of high quality medical marijuana with a quick, confidential delivery service and order-tracking system. Our website offers information on medical marijuana cards, compassion clubs and other related issues.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- What Role Does a Hospital Chargemaster Play in Revenue Cycle Management?
- Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Trends for 2020
- What to do when you have a Toothache
- Super Vidalista
- Clinical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well
- What Are Uses, Doses And Side Effects Of Xenical
- Save Thousands by Getting Veneers Done in Colombia
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Bone Regeneration: All You Need to Know
- What Is Dilaudid?
- What Is Diazepam?
- Benefits And Uses Of CBD Oil
- CBD and Fitness: A Match Made in Heaven?
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Daily Routine
- Does the rain on the plain increase your pain?
- Arthritis Isn't for the Weak
- Infertility In the West Is Becoming An Increasing Problem
- Which is the safer consumption of pill- oral or vaginal administration?
- 5 Common Types Of Arthritis
- What is Lortab?
- How Can Cannabis Help People With Multiple Sclerosis?
- 6 Ways to Find the Best Pediatrician for Your Kids- JPCKIDS
- Eat Right to Beat Cancer with Diet
- ADHD Medications – Are You Getting The Full Story And Giving Your Child The Best Possible Treatment?
- How this New Medical Device Could Help Save a Hundred Thousand American Lives Annually
- What Is CBD?
- Dental tourism in Vietnam: Safe or not?
- What you need to know before traveling to Vietnam for dental care
- #1 Home Remedy To Typhoid And Malaria