A Medical Marijuana Act Deciphered
- Author Andrew Bartlett
- Published February 1, 2011
- Word count 507
It should be noted that this article is for information purposes only and should not, under any circumstances, be accepted as legal advice or health advice.
Many people don't realise how many medical marijuana acts are now being reviewed and used in the world. Whether the act is in a state in America or it's an act that’s being used for an entire country, it seems that marijuana is becoming a more viable drug choice for the management of various medical issues. To better understand what a medical marijuana act might include, let’s look at the components of the Oregon Medical Marijuana Act of 1998.
What Conditions are Covered by the Oregon Marijuana Act
When a person uses medical marijuana, they are covered under the act if they see a qualified physician, and when they are suffering from the following debilitating medical conditions:
• HIV positive status
• Severe pain
• Severe nausea
• Persistent muscle spasms
• Multiple sclerosis muscle spasms
Within these different conditions are other diagnoses. For example, some patients are able to obtain a marijuana card in order to use the drug for migraine pain. Seeing a doctor to see what is covered by this act in your area will be the most helpful way to see if you are a qualified candidate.
Information to Be Gathered from a Marijuana Patient
If a patient is diagnosed with a condition that is covered by the medical marijuana act, they can expect to have this information taken, pursuant to the law:
• Valid, written documentation from the person's attending physician, regarding the condition for which the marijuana is prescribed
• Name, address and date of birth of the person
• Contact information of the person's attending physician
• Contact information of the person's designated primary caregiver
This information helps the government keep track of marijuana patients, while also helping to ensure only those with licenses will be able to purchase and to use the medical grade marijuana. Falsification of this information can lead to legal issues.
What is Forbidden by the Oregon Marijuana Act
Though you might get a medical marijuana card, you need to keep in mind that there are many things that are forbidden of patients:
• Driving under the influence of marijuana
• Engaging in the use of marijuana in a public place
• Delivering marijuana to any individual who does not possess a card
• Delivering marijuana to another person, even if they have a card to use the marijuana
Whenever a person violates these rules, they will be considered to be in violation of the act, and they may face legal problems, including a probationary period and possible revocation of their card. The consequences vary, depending on the case and the area in which the violation occurred.
When you are using medical marijuana for a true medical purpose, you need to make sure that you are following the rules. Knowing the rules ahead of time will keep you out of trouble and it will ensure you are able to feel better and maintain your quality of life.
Andrew Bartlett is the Managing Director of The Seed Dispensary which specializes in providing over 1,500 strains of high quality medical marijuana with a quick, confidential delivery service and order-tracking system. Our website offers information on medical marijuana cards, compassion clubs and other related issues.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Everything To Know About Xanax
- Tramadol For Pain - Need To Know About Pain
- How do dangerous viruses like COVID-19 come about?
- 3 Complications of Untreated Sore Throat
- 8 Helpful Tips to Avoid Diabetes
- The Ancient Healing Practice of Acupuncture: Your Questions Answered
- How To Increase Your Immunity With Top Immune Boosters
- Can CBD Help With Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain?
- NJ Medical Marijuana Got Cheaper in July 2020
- Clinical Equipment Makers Fight To Fulfill Local Request Amid Of Coronavirus Flare-Up
- Excision of Mucocele Using Dental DIODE LASER
- Everything you need to know about CBD oil
- Acupuncture in London
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- What Role Does a Hospital Chargemaster Play in Revenue Cycle Management?
- Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Trends for 2020
- What to do when you have a Toothache
- Super Vidalista
- Clinical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well
- What Are Uses, Doses And Side Effects Of Xenical
- Save Thousands by Getting Veneers Done in Colombia
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Bone Regeneration: All You Need to Know
- What Is Dilaudid?
- What Is Diazepam?
- Benefits And Uses Of CBD Oil
- CBD and Fitness: A Match Made in Heaven?
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Daily Routine
- Does the rain on the plain increase your pain?
- Arthritis Isn't for the Weak