Small Business Deduction Canada Accountant Mississauga Oakville
- Author Allan Madan
- Published February 9, 2011
- Word count 404
Small Business Deduction Canada
How does the small business deduction help business owners in Canada save taxes?
If you are a business owner then it’s very important that you read this article, because I’ll show you how you can utilize the small business deduction to save a ton in taxes.
What is the Small Business Deduction in Canada?
The small business deduction is a tax credit available to corporations in Canada on active business income that reduces the general corporate tax rate for corporations from 32% to only 16.5%.
The first $500,000 in profit (that is, revenue minus expenses) is allowable for the small business deduction.
Types of Corporations That Qualify - Small Business Deduction Canada
Which types of businesses qualify for the small business deduction in Canada?
In order for a business to qualify for the small business deduction it must be a Canadian Controlled Private Corporation (CCPC). A CCPC has the following characteristics:
Incorporated in Canada;
More than 50% of the voting share capital of the corporation must be owned by Canadian residents; and
Is not listed on a stock exchange.
Types of Income that Qualify - Small Business Deduction Canada
What types of income qualify for the small business deduction in Canada?
The income earned your by your CCPC must be Active Business Income in order to receive the small business deduction in Canada. Active Business Income simply means income earned from a business. It excludes investment income and capital gains.
How do I Take Advantage of the Small Business Deduction in Canada?
Now that you know what types of corporations and income that qualify for the small business deduction in Canada, how do you take advantage of it?
To take advantage of the small business deduction, your accountant must prepare a Corporate Income Tax Return and claim the small business deduction on the return. For corporations that earn both investment and active business income, a separate calculation must be performed on Federal Schedule 7 of the Corporate Income Tax Return to calculate the small business deduction.
If your corporation has profits in excess of $500,000, then the excess profit will be taxed at a rate of 32%. Therefore, it’s better for your corporation to declare a bonus payable to you to reduce the profit of your corporation to $500,000. For the bonus to be tax deductible, it must be paid within 180 days of your corporation’s year end.
About the Author – Allan Madan – Accountant Mississauga
Allan Madan is a Chartered Accountant and a Tax Expert in the Toronto, Oakville and Mississauga regions of Ontario, Canada.
If you found this article useful, Allan Madan encourages you to visit his website http://madanca.com for additional tax tips and more information on this topic. You can also call Allan Madan at 905-268-0150.
Watch the video at http://madanca.com/blog/small-business-deduction-canada/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Advantages of Having a Home-Based Job
- Black Homeownership: How Past Inequalities are the Cause of Today’s Inequities
- UNITED Garage Door Repair
- There's Big Money In THE FACTS ABOUT NETWORK MARKETING
- Properties of Self Compacting Concrete Mix
- How to make more money from your investment property?
- Have you had enough of the daily 9 to 5 grind for little money and wondered how easy it would be to start an online business?
- 3 Ways to Profit in Lock Down
- How A Cup Of Tea Make You Millionaire/Rich?
- Transform Pic to Word and Create Personalized Photo Gifts for Special Occasions
- Turn Picture Into Words to Get Unique, Cool Gift Items
- how to rank youtube videos in 2020
- Balancing the levels of indoor humidity is crucial - HWisel
- How To Develop A Brand Strategy
- My Transitioning Story: Office-Based to Virtual Working
- Add Extra Charisma to Your Wedding with These Table Centrepieces
- Best Steps for Improvements in Commercial Real Estate Business.
- Commercial Real Estate Property - Halsey Real Estate
- Advice On How To Be More Successful At Blogging
- Advice For Your New Tech Blogging Business Is Here
- How to Become a Winemaker
- Three Basic Ways To Keep Your Oven Clean
- Reasons for Using Floor Screeds
- The Uses of Screeds For The Purpose Of Laying Final Flooring
- Why Hire a Waste Disposal Professional?
- Conservatories Essex Homeowners Love
- Some of the Things to Consider When Replacing Your Windows
- Home Depot coupons: Refresh your home space at price as you wish
- Mississauga Home Staging Rental Company
- The Benefit Of Using Newark Airport Car Service