Four Effects of Glutathione in Diabetes
- Author Brian Pastre
- Published February 8, 2011
- Word count 429
Diabetes is a disease characterized by abnormally high glucose (or sugar) levels in the blood. It is usually caused by a defective pancreas which is responsible for producing the hormone insulin. In diabetes, the pancreas either does not produce insulin or produces too little insulin. Without insulin, the body cannot use glucose in the blood for energy.
It has been shown that the antioxidant glutathione (GSH) helps in the treatment and management of diabetes. Glutathione occurs naturally in body cells. GSH levels are actually indicative of the body’s state of health and well-being.
People suffering from diabetes can benefit from higher levels of glutathione in a number of ways:
- GSH protects cells from Oxidation
As an anti-oxidant, glutathione protects cells from damage caused by free radicals and oxidation. There are many free radicals present in a diabetic’s body. Diabetics, however, have low levels of glutathione. It is therefore essential for diabetics to increase their GSH levels so that their bodies will have enough antioxidants to neutralize the harmful free radicals.
- GSH helps in Weight Control
Obesity and poor nutrition can predispose individuals to diabetes. Overweight people are especially at high risk of developing type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Glutathione can help individuals manage and control their weight. GSH can also prevent the accumulation of oxidized fats in blood vessels.
- GSH increases Energy Levels
Because cells are not able to get adequate food which is needed to produce energy, diabetics tire easily. This can hamper a diabetics’ social life and cause problems at work.
People who have diabetes can overcome their lethargy by taking glutathione which increases energy levels. With GSH and proper treatment, diabetics can live an active lifestyle and participate in any activity they want.
- GSH strengthens the Immune System
Diabetics are prone to many complications due to the nature of the disease. Long-standing diabetes can lead to heart, kidney and circulation problems, including stroke.
People suffering from diabetes will need a strong immune system to help them fight against complications and secondary infections. Being a necessary component in the normal functioning of the immune system, glutathione helps diabetics strengthen their immune system.
Glutathione also boosts the immune system by helping the liver neutralize toxic substances which can depress the body’s immune response. Some toxic substances contain free radicals which make them all the more harmful.
While glutathione provides a lot of benefits in the management of diabetes, diabetics should not rely on GSH alone. In addition to GSH, diabetics can help manage the disease by eating properly, exercising regularly and diligently taking their medications as prescribed.
To understand more about the effects and benefits that Glutathione offers people that suffer with diabetes, visit http://www.EffectsOfGlutathione.com.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- What Role Does a Hospital Chargemaster Play in Revenue Cycle Management?
- Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Trends for 2020
- What to do when you have a Toothache
- Super Vidalista
- Clinical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well
- What Are Uses, Doses And Side Effects Of Xenical
- Save Thousands by Getting Veneers Done in Colombia
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Bone Regeneration: All You Need to Know
- What Is Dilaudid?
- What Is Diazepam?
- Benefits And Uses Of CBD Oil
- CBD and Fitness: A Match Made in Heaven?
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Daily Routine
- Does the rain on the plain increase your pain?
- Arthritis Isn't for the Weak
- Infertility In the West Is Becoming An Increasing Problem
- Which is the safer consumption of pill- oral or vaginal administration?
- 5 Common Types Of Arthritis
- What is Lortab?
- How Can Cannabis Help People With Multiple Sclerosis?
- 6 Ways to Find the Best Pediatrician for Your Kids- JPCKIDS
- Eat Right to Beat Cancer with Diet
- ADHD Medications – Are You Getting The Full Story And Giving Your Child The Best Possible Treatment?
- How this New Medical Device Could Help Save a Hundred Thousand American Lives Annually
- What Is CBD?
- Dental tourism in Vietnam: Safe or not?
- What you need to know before traveling to Vietnam for dental care
- #1 Home Remedy To Typhoid And Malaria