Travelers Rest Chiropractor Explains Holiday Stress
- Author Mike Geran
- Published February 20, 2011
- Word count 484
The holiday season is upon us once again, and it is the time for overindulgence, stress, lack of sleep, too many sweets among many other things that are not good for us! Often, we do not see the bad effects until a month or two after the holidays. To make sure that you stay in good shape during and after the holiday season, here are some very useful tips.
By far, the biggest way we can hurt ourselves during the holiday season is by eating too much of the wrong foods. I’m not saying to avoid sweets during this season, but what I am saying is that you have to throw in as much good, nutritious food as possible. For example, make sure your meals include some raw vegetables, like baby carrots or some celery, maybe even a salad. I wouldn’t be so worried about including fruit, because fruit has high sugar content, and we will all eat plenty of sugar this time of year.
Stress is another big problem we face during the Christmas season. We put ourselves under physical stress by making poor food decisions. We are under tremendous pressure to pick "the perfect gift" for someone. We have a million things to do and no time to do it. We know we will have to spend Christmas Eve with Aunt Sally, and she spends the entire evening criticizing every single thing you do. (Note: I actually do not have an Aunt Sally, this is just an example!) So, to say the least, we have to deal with way too much stress this time of year.
What we have to realize about stress is that this time of year should be a joyous time, not a stressful time. Remember what this time of year is all about. It’s not about presents, parties and food. It is about how much God loves us and what he was willing to do for us. We need to do things that ease our stress, not add to it. There are so many things available, just pick a few. Watch a Christmas movie like "A Christmas Story" or "Elf" or any others that make you laugh. When you can laugh, your body releases chemicals that can ease stress. Listen to Christmas music. Go look at Christmas lights (we especially like Hollywild!). Go to a Christmas concert. I could go on and on, just pick something and do it.
Lastly, you should do things that contribute to your health. Go see your chiropractor and get adjusted to alleviate stress in your body. Get a massage. Do some yoga. Go for a walk on a not-so-cold day.
Remember, this is by far the best time of the year. It is a time of year to celebrate, have fun, be with friends and loved ones. Just make sure you don’t harm your health in doing so!
Dr. Mike Geran is a chiropractor in Travelers Rest, SC. He has given more than 60,000 adjustments in his 14 years as a chiropractor, and has helped patients of all ages in his office. Feel free to visit his website at: http://www.thetravelersrestchiropractor.com for more information and more free stuff.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- NJ Medical Marijuana Got Cheaper in July 2020
- Clinical Equipment Makers Fight To Fulfill Local Request Amid Of Coronavirus Flare-Up
- Excision of Mucocele Using Dental DIODE LASER
- Everything you need to know about CBD oil
- Acupuncture in London
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- What Role Does a Hospital Chargemaster Play in Revenue Cycle Management?
- Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Trends for 2020
- What to do when you have a Toothache
- Super Vidalista
- Clinical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well
- What Are Uses, Doses And Side Effects Of Xenical
- Save Thousands by Getting Veneers Done in Colombia
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Bone Regeneration: All You Need to Know
- What Is Dilaudid?
- What Is Diazepam?
- Benefits And Uses Of CBD Oil
- CBD and Fitness: A Match Made in Heaven?
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Daily Routine
- Does the rain on the plain increase your pain?
- Arthritis Isn't for the Weak
- Infertility In the West Is Becoming An Increasing Problem
- Which is the safer consumption of pill- oral or vaginal administration?
- 5 Common Types Of Arthritis
- What is Lortab?
- How Can Cannabis Help People With Multiple Sclerosis?
- 6 Ways to Find the Best Pediatrician for Your Kids- JPCKIDS
- Eat Right to Beat Cancer with Diet
- ADHD Medications – Are You Getting The Full Story And Giving Your Child The Best Possible Treatment?