Why Alkaline Foods and Proper pH Balance are Essential
- Author Everett Smith
- Published February 11, 2011
- Word count 506
From the elimination of harmful bacteria in the body to the prevention of serious chronic diseases, alkaline foods and a healthy pH balance have been revered as a panacea in modern Western culture. While precise benefits of using alkaline foods to keep a healthy pH balance may not yet be fully studied, there is certainly enough anecdotal (and experiental/obvious) evidence to make the topic essential for overall health and wellness.
Even susceptibility to arthritis and cancer may be attributed to an acidic pH balance in the body. Direct links to these illnesses may have yet to be determined, but for those suffering from their effects, the hope of relief is enough to generate interest in a variety of alternatives. One option is to select alkaline foods that help the body maintain a healthy pH balance.
The biggest factor in the acidification of body fluids and tissues is simply the fact that most people do not select enough alkaline foods. Instead, the usual American diet is focused heavily upon acid foods such as animal protein, white flour, sugar, and artificial ingredients.
Unlike alkaline foods such as fresh fruits and vegetables, packaged foods made with sugar and artificial ingredients are the fuel source for uninvited intruders in the body, such as yeast and bacteria. These unhealthy foes feed off of the sugars and proteins ingested. As a result, they excrete a host of toxins that are acid forming. This means the body must make unnatural adjustments in order to maintain pH balance, causing internal systems to fight for the alkaline condition that is required for optimal health. Food is not the only basis for acidification, however. High levels of stress can generate the release of toxins, too. Environmental toxins may also be blamed for the acidification of many bodies in modern society.
By selecting more alkaline foods, the body has the tools it needs to maintain a healthy pH balance. Trading acid foods with alkaline foods gives the body a chance to perform in a far more natural state. Harmful organisms like fungus, bacteria, and yeast will not survive in an alkaline environment. The same is true for many diseases. When they are unable to live, they are less likely to cause deterioration to the body.
Some of these disorders are suspected of links to the acidification of blood, tissues, and organ systems:
• Breast and Bone Cancers
• Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
• Multiple Sclerosis
• Rheumatoid Arthritis
While the the thought of completely overhauling the diet is intimidating, it may very well be the best way to improve overall health. On the other hand, there is nothing wrong with slowly but steadily introducing more alkaline foods while removing the acid foods. Some adjustments are more beneficial than one might even expect. For example, rather than using sugar or artificial sweeteners in drinks, stevia is a healthy herbal replacement that enhances flavor without being acidic. Taking a few small steps and making simple changes like this can be a great start in creating a healthy pH balance for life.
Cliff Everett Smith created the free Alkaline Food Test so that intelligent consumers may see how their dietary choices contribute to pH balance. Take the test for yourself and explore alkaline foods and drinks for a healthy life at his online health food store.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Healthy Diet Tips for Pregnancy
- How to get a well-defined muscle mass in a short time?
- What is the most effective weight loss diet over the long term?
- How to Prevent Gestational diabetes
- Pre-workout supplements
- Incredible Properties and Benefits of Chayote
- Full Spectrum Hemp Oil vs. Isolated: what is the difference?
- Blood and Guts Pre-Workout
- The Health Benefits of juicing
- The Healing Power of Currants
- The Fact About HGH Supplements
- 10 Wellness tips – this is how to stay healthy during winter
- Something to help you with your pre workout training!
- Marijuana-Cannabis-THC-CBD - Definitions and Slang
- Whey Protein: Benefits, Uses & Requirements
- How to benefit from Keto's revolutionary fat-loss diet plan
- Wild Antarctic Red Krill Fish Oil - Best Omega 3 Fish Supplement?
- How To Become A Fit Vegan
- Mass gainer - take your dose of energy
- Green Coffee Bean Health Benefits
- Don’t Eat These 3 Food Groups if You Have Arthritis
- How to Improve Your Metabolic Health with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Benefits of Probiotics
- How To Protect Yourself From Sickness & Disease
- Boost Your Brain Function And Improve Memory With Pearl Powder
- Digestive Problems In Usa And Its Cure
- 10 Top Solid Nourishments To Keep You Fit
- Pure Water Health Benefits
- "The Year of the Vegan"
- How A Great Fat Loss Program "Over 40 Ab Solution" Is Beneficial?