Importance of Urine Analysis Drug Test
- Author Nate Rodney
- Published February 10, 2011
- Word count 598
With increasing drug abusing population day by day, it is very much necessary to identify the drug abusers and make them stay away from harmful drugs of abuse. Drug testing helps in detecting the drug abusers by tracing the elevated levels of illicit drugs and their metabolites in the specimen provided. There are many types of drug testing methods which use samples like urine, blood, hair, saliva or sweat for detecting the drug concentration.
Of them, urine tests are commonly used for detecting the drug abusers as they are inexpensive, easy to handle, provide quick results and less intrusive (compared to blood tests). Urine drug testing is generally used to evaluate the recent illicit drug abuse. It is a process of chemical analysis designed to test the suspect using urine sample. With the scientific advancement in drug testing methods, there is a rapid development in commercial urine drug testing kits which are often reliable and inexpensive (generally cost around $2 to $10).
Can detect drugs like alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, amphetamines etc.
Urine drug testing kits available today can detect different types of illicit drugs of abuse. Some of the common drugs that can be detected using urine tests are alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, amphetamines, opiates, benzodiazepines, ecstasy, methadone etc.
When a drug is smoked or taken intravenously, it gets absorbed into the body and its excretion in urine begins almost instantaneously. Detection of a drug in the urine is mostly dependent on the detection period and will differ from drug to drug. For example, alcohol in urine can be detected between 6 to 24 hours. Marijuana use can be detected in urine between 2 to 3 days (in habitual user, it can be detected up to 30 days); Cocaine – 4 to 5 days; amphetamines – 1 to 4 days and heroin – 2 to 4 days.
Can check for multiple drugs with multi-panel kits
Urine drug tests can detect the elevated levels of a single drug as well as a combination of drugs. Today, multi-panel drug test kits are available in the market, which can detect a number of drugs at a shot with a single urine sample. Multi panel urine test kits are easy to use and provide accurate results. They provide results within minutes which are very easy to read. Multi Panel urine drug testing kits detect commonly abused drugs such as Cocaine, Amphetamine, Methamphemine, Marijuana(THC), Methadone, Opiates, Phencyclidine, Barbiturate, Benzodiazepine, Tricyclics, Propoxyphene and Oxycodone in urine. They can detect the presence of up to 12 drugs in urine in a single attempt.
Can be easily used at homes, schools and workplaces
The ease of use and accurate results in minutes made urine drug test more popular for using at homes, schools and workplaces. Employers can use urine drug test kits to detect employees at various levels, such as: pre-employment testing – before offering appointment letter to the candidate, makes sure that only drug free employees enter the organization; random testing – to identify current drug abusing employees by conducting drug tests randomly by picking one or two employees to take test; post accident testing – to check whether the drug or alcohol abuse is the main reason behind the accident at workplace.
Similarly, schools can use urine drug tests to detect the drug abusing students by conducting scheduled and random drug tests. Parents, in order to make sure that their kids stay away from drugs can use urine drug tests at the comforts of their home.
Drug testing helps to identify the drug abusers at homes, schools and workplaces. Therefore, it is very necessary for the concerned people to perform urine drug testing, which is considered as an easy, convenient, and reliable testing method.
Drug alcohol test is an online store offering quick, easy to use and FDA approved drug test kits at guaranteed low prices. Our marijuana drug test detects the presence of THC metabolite in human urine. It is available in form of single-panel or multi-panel test kits or integrated E-Z drug test cups.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- What Role Does a Hospital Chargemaster Play in Revenue Cycle Management?
- Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Trends for 2020
- What to do when you have a Toothache
- Super Vidalista
- Clinical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well
- What Are Uses, Doses And Side Effects Of Xenical
- Save Thousands by Getting Veneers Done in Colombia
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Bone Regeneration: All You Need to Know
- What Is Dilaudid?
- What Is Diazepam?
- Benefits And Uses Of CBD Oil
- CBD and Fitness: A Match Made in Heaven?
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Daily Routine
- Does the rain on the plain increase your pain?
- Arthritis Isn't for the Weak
- Infertility In the West Is Becoming An Increasing Problem
- Which is the safer consumption of pill- oral or vaginal administration?
- 5 Common Types Of Arthritis
- What is Lortab?
- How Can Cannabis Help People With Multiple Sclerosis?
- 6 Ways to Find the Best Pediatrician for Your Kids- JPCKIDS
- Eat Right to Beat Cancer with Diet
- ADHD Medications – Are You Getting The Full Story And Giving Your Child The Best Possible Treatment?
- How this New Medical Device Could Help Save a Hundred Thousand American Lives Annually
- What Is CBD?
- Dental tourism in Vietnam: Safe or not?
- What you need to know before traveling to Vietnam for dental care
- #1 Home Remedy To Typhoid And Malaria