Health and Nutrition Benefits of Olive Oil
- Author Anthony De Rosa
- Published March 6, 2011
- Word count 515
Most of us are used to taking medications and diet supplements in order to be healthy and stay in shape. However, it is much better to rely on natural products, such as olive oil. It has been used for thousands of years for its nutritional and medicinal properties and now they are proven by modern day scientists. It is worth learning more about the benefits of olive oil and how this product can help you stay healthy and protect you from different diseases.
It has been scientifically proven that this valuable liquid can reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol. The secret lies with the abundance of monounsaturated fats contained in the product. In fact, their content is 78%, on average. These so called good fats act like sponges that remove the LDL (bad) cholesterol from your blood vessels. In turn, your risk of suffering from heart attack, stroke and diabetes is significantly reduced. This has been confirmed by the FDA. They claim the consumption of two tablespoons of this amazing liquid may reduce your risk of heart disease.
The product is not only rich in monounsaturated fats. It contains only around 14% of saturated fats, which are abundant in butter, animal fat and tropical oils. In turn, the consumption of this product instead of other types of oils can aid weight loss. This is yet another one of the benefits of olive oil.
Studies have also suggested that this natural product is beneficial for the gastrointestinal tract. It can improve digestion and reduce the risk of stomach cramping and constipation. These properties can aid weight loss as well, even though the effect is not direct. Researchers have also found that olive oil can effectively protect the stomach lining and reduce the risk of gastritis and the formation of ulcers. It can stimulate the functioning of the pancreas as well. In turn, the risk of gallstone formation is significantly lowered.
Researchers have suggested that this oil is the safest of all, as it is the one that is less likely to promote cancer. It can be safely said that this is one of the most significant benefits of olive oil. A recent study carried out in Spain has shown that lab rats that have been given this particular product had colon cancer rates similar to the ones of animals given fish oil. This means that is might be possible for this natural product to reduce the risk of colon and other types of cancer.
There are beauty benefits of olive oil as well. It improves hair strength. It makes it smoother and shinier. This is applicable to the skin. This oil can make it softer and more radiant. That is why it is one of the main ingredients in many skincare cosmetic products.
Finally, you are highly recommended to pick virgin or, preferably, extra virgin products, when shopping. These contain the highest percentage of monounsaturated fats due to the ways in which they are processed. In addition, in order to enjoy the benefits of olive oil to the fullest, you should adopt the Mediterranean diet.
ANTHONY DE ROSA is the owner of De Rosa Imports. DeRosa Imports is a family owned business around for three generations. We offer foods not found in local grocery stores. Our selections of wines are not only inexpensive but also not found anywhere else. They are traditional wines from all over the world. People who come into the store are treated like family after all their years of loyalty and tradition. http://derosaimports.bizbuzzweekly.com/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What are the health benefits of CBD Oil?
- Healthy Diet Tips for Pregnancy
- How to get a well-defined muscle mass in a short time?
- What is the most effective weight loss diet over the long term?
- How to Prevent Gestational diabetes
- Pre-workout supplements
- Incredible Properties and Benefits of Chayote
- Full Spectrum Hemp Oil vs. Isolated: what is the difference?
- Blood and Guts Pre-Workout
- The Health Benefits of juicing
- The Healing Power of Currants
- The Fact About HGH Supplements
- 10 Wellness tips – this is how to stay healthy during winter
- Something to help you with your pre workout training!
- Marijuana-Cannabis-THC-CBD - Definitions and Slang
- Whey Protein: Benefits, Uses & Requirements
- How to benefit from Keto's revolutionary fat-loss diet plan
- Wild Antarctic Red Krill Fish Oil - Best Omega 3 Fish Supplement?
- How To Become A Fit Vegan
- Mass gainer - take your dose of energy
- Green Coffee Bean Health Benefits
- Don’t Eat These 3 Food Groups if You Have Arthritis
- How to Improve Your Metabolic Health with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Benefits of Probiotics
- How To Protect Yourself From Sickness & Disease
- Boost Your Brain Function And Improve Memory With Pearl Powder
- Digestive Problems In Usa And Its Cure
- 10 Top Solid Nourishments To Keep You Fit
- Pure Water Health Benefits
- "The Year of the Vegan"