5 Career Fields that Stay Afloat When the Economy is Sinking
- Author J.p. Richman
- Published February 20, 2011
- Word count 519
This one is pretty obvious - people will always get sick. According to most researchers as we move further into the 21st century and the number of baby boomers grows, there will be an increasing need for doctors, nurses, nurse-practioners, pharmacist, dentist and others in the field of healthcare. This will in turn require a medical transcriptionist to handle patient records. In fact, according to the site FMT, there is a shortage of over 300,000 qualified Medical Transcriptionists. Unlike other fields of medicine, the training is not prohibitively expensive and earnings of $60,000 a year are not uncommon. The site FMT as an incentive enter this field guarantees that if an applicant's name and address can be verified they will quality for a loan. They also award several scholarships a year that fully pay for tuition for students as well as assist in job placement.
The good news about the field of education is that it is usually a safe bet during any economy. Factors that increase the need for teachers are the fact that veteran teachers are retiring and the need for teachers with bilingual proficiency and handicap training is increasing. The bad news is that teachers are grossly underpaid. The average starting salary is approximately 30,000. This is as the requirements for becoming (and remaining) a teacher is growing more stringent.
Human nature being what it is there is constantly the need for effective, well-trained public safety personnel. This is another field that usually requires a great deal of training. Requirements vary but generally a career entails at least a basic high school education, and additional training such as an Associates or Bachelors degree is often recommended. Extensive background examinations are also required. Applicants in this field must also pass a series of exams gauging physical, moral aptitude and education skills as well as mastery of firearms and police procedures. The national median salary of a patrol officer is $47,460, according to the most recent statistics from the Bureau of Labor Statistics
Death and Taxes as the old axiom goes. People will always have to pay taxes because it is mandatory to do so but so that we may pay for the police and firefighters to protect us, so that roads can be built and maintained and a plethora of other services that are ongoing no matter the state of the economy. A career in this field usually involves earning a bachelor's degree in accounting or taking accounting as part of a business degree. Further, the student can increase his value by earning his MBA. Accountants can generally, according to the site Payscale, expect to earn anywhere from 35,528 to 51,468 yearly.
There is a reason that cemeteries have fences around them - people are dying to get in. (Sorry). The companion to taxes is of course death. This is an industry, though rather depressing, that will always have customers. Subfields in the death business include Coroner, Embalmer, Crematorium Technician, Casket Manufacturer, Obituary Writer, Grave Digger. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics in the median annual earnings for wage and salary funeral directors were $49,620 in May 2006.
I am a blogger and researcher. I hold degrees in English, Mass Communications and PR. I am an affiliate marketer for Future MTArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
- There's Big Money In THE FACTS ABOUT NETWORK MARKETING
- Properties of Self Compacting Concrete Mix
- How to make more money from your investment property?
- Have you had enough of the daily 9 to 5 grind for little money and wondered how easy it would be to start an online business?
- 3 Ways to Profit in Lock Down
- How A Cup Of Tea Make You Millionaire/Rich?
- Transform Pic to Word and Create Personalized Photo Gifts for Special Occasions
- Turn Picture Into Words to Get Unique, Cool Gift Items
- how to rank youtube videos in 2020
- Balancing the levels of indoor humidity is crucial - HWisel
- How To Develop A Brand Strategy
- My Transitioning Story: Office-Based to Virtual Working
- Add Extra Charisma to Your Wedding with These Table Centrepieces
- Best Steps for Improvements in Commercial Real Estate Business.
- Commercial Real Estate Property - Halsey Real Estate
- Advice On How To Be More Successful At Blogging
- Advice For Your New Tech Blogging Business Is Here
- How to Become a Winemaker
- Three Basic Ways To Keep Your Oven Clean
- Reasons for Using Floor Screeds
- The Uses of Screeds For The Purpose Of Laying Final Flooring
- Why Hire a Waste Disposal Professional?
- Conservatories Essex Homeowners Love
- Some of the Things to Consider When Replacing Your Windows
- Home Depot coupons: Refresh your home space at price as you wish
- Mississauga Home Staging Rental Company
- The Benefit Of Using Newark Airport Car Service
- Using Black Wool Serge to Transform Every Performance on Stage
- Beginners guide to printer types and its functions
- Why Extreme House Sales Could Be For You