Omega-3 Fish Oil - Things You Should be Aware of
- Author Nickolas Debartolo
- Published February 19, 2011
- Word count 503
There's a big fuss going around the medical and fitness communities these days. It has to do with something they call omega-3 which, as talk would have it, is said to possess miraculous healing properties. Nothing short of magical, adherents of omega-3 just cannot stop raving about its capacity to prevent and even cure both physical and psychological diseases.
What exactly is omega-3? Where does it come from? What does it do to the body? If you'll read on, you'll understand why this particular oil is creating such a stir today.
Omega-3 is an essential fatty acid that can be obtained either through our diet or through supplements. Fish like mackerel, tuna, salmon, sturgeon, mullet, bluefish, anchovy, sardines, herring and trout are rich and natural sources of omega-3. An interesting thing to note is that these fishes themselves do not make omega-3. It comes from the microalgae that they consume. The bigger predatory fish, meanwhile, like the shark and the swordfish are chockfull of omega-3. They also got this from the prey fish that they have eaten, who in turn, got the omega-3 from the microalgae. Unfortunately, the consumption of such predatory fish species is not recommended because of the toxins like mercury and dioxin that they may have ingested due to their high position on the food chain.
Omega-3 is dubbed as a miracle food supplement because of its ability to cure certain diseases and give users an improved overall health and well-being. For starters, omega-3 has been medically proven to lower triglyceride levels by as much as 50%! High triglyceride levels are indicators of heart disease and untreated diabetes. Closely related to this is the claim that regular consumption of fish oil prevents heart attacks and reduces a person's risk of dying from one. Fish oil is also beneficial for hypertensives. By somehow expanding the blood vessels, omega-3 fish oil works to lower high blood pressure. Those with rheumatoid arthritis are also helped with omega-3 supplements. It gets rid of the stiffness they feel in their joints faster.
Besides these immense physical benefits, omega-3 fish oil has also helped those suffering from ADHD, schizophrenia, depression and other mood disorders. Tests have proven that omega-3 has prevented the development of a full blown psychotic illness in individuals up to the age of 25 who have been diagnosed with mild symptoms. Depression, which is linked to low omega-3 levels in the blood, is lower in countries with high fish consumption. In a study involving 8 to 12 year old children with ADHD, it was found out that taking omega-3 fish oil dramatically improved their thinking skills as manifested in their behavior.
Those are just the tip of the iceberg. From infant development to atherosclerosis to psoriasis to cancer prevention to giving users mental clarity and improved feelings of wellness, omega-3 fish oil offers tremendous benefits. More important, it has been proven safe for general use for as long as it is taken in doses of 3 grams or less daily.
That's why there's so much fuss about omega-3.
There are no posted comments.
- Weight loss supplements really help you lose weight?
- Great Guide To Having A Healthy Body
- 8 Benefits of CBD Oil and Its Uses
- What Is Leptin Resistance?
- What are the health benefits of CBD Oil?
- Healthy Diet Tips for Pregnancy
- How to get a well-defined muscle mass in a short time?
- What is the most effective weight loss diet over the long term?
- How to Prevent Gestational diabetes
- Pre-workout supplements
- Incredible Properties and Benefits of Chayote
- Full Spectrum Hemp Oil vs. Isolated: what is the difference?
- Blood and Guts Pre-Workout
- The Health Benefits of juicing
- The Healing Power of Currants
- The Fact About HGH Supplements
- 10 Wellness tips – this is how to stay healthy during winter
- Something to help you with your pre workout training!
- Marijuana-Cannabis-THC-CBD - Definitions and Slang
- Whey Protein: Benefits, Uses & Requirements
- How to benefit from Keto's revolutionary fat-loss diet plan
- Wild Antarctic Red Krill Fish Oil - Best Omega 3 Fish Supplement?
- How To Become A Fit Vegan
- Mass gainer - take your dose of energy
- Green Coffee Bean Health Benefits
- Don’t Eat These 3 Food Groups if You Have Arthritis
- How to Improve Your Metabolic Health with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Benefits of Probiotics
- How To Protect Yourself From Sickness & Disease
- Boost Your Brain Function And Improve Memory With Pearl Powder