Using Protein to Gain Weight And Develop Muscle
- Author Steven Deangelo
- Published February 22, 2011
- Word count 566
While the most widespread topic we hear about when it comes to physical fitness and health is weight-loss, there are many folks who're seeking to actually put on weight. For the most part, they are men, and generally, the weight they want to gain is muscle.
What guy doesn’t desire a washboard six-pack and set of huge guns when he takes off his tee shirt at the beach? Yep, putting on muscle is a goal for quite a few guys (and some ladies) and using protein to gain weight is one of the best methods to make it happen.
In the event you skipped the lesson from your schooling, protein is the important component for the creation of muscle. Your muscles not just use protein to grow, but they use it to repair tissue after arduous workouts which actually break tissue down. Actually, it's the continual activity of breaking down tissue throughout weight training exercise workouts and repairing it which will cause it to grow. If you do not have sufficient protein present in your regular diet it will be difficult if not out of the question to gain muscle now matter how much you workout.
The majority of health and fitness professionals use a easy formula for obtaining enough protein in order to gain muscle weight: 1 gram of protein for every 1 pound of body weight. So, if you weigh 175 lbs, you should eat 175 grms of protein every day. Now, this is really a lot more than the average person requires to maintain healthy muscle mass, but if you are looking at packing on some muscle, then you need to pack on the protein consumption also.
Obtaining a respectable amount of protein in your diet is reasonably easy for most of us. Lean beef is one of the best sources and we as a country eat it in high quantity. Meat is especially great for gaining muscle weight because it is also a concentrated source of creatine which has been shown to help build muscle too. Other sources of course include fish, chicken, beans, and of course eggs. While selecting foods which contain protein is easy, getting ENOUGH of it to build serious muscle can easily be difficult.
Trying to get 175 grms of protein each day (or maybe more if you weigh over 175) can easily be quite the challenge but you'll find lots of high quality protein supplements on the market to help you add to your daily intake. The most common protein supplement is protein powder. These powders, available at your local nutrition store or at on-line health food retailers, can give you all the protein you need in a day just from drinking a few servings. It is essential to focus on the ingredients, however, because selecting a high calorie sugar laden version may certainly allow you to gain weight, but not the kind you desire! Opting for an easily digestible protein powder like whey and deciding on one which is low in calories and sugar can be a terrific way to supplement your protein intake.
So, there you've it. Protein can undoubtedly help you gain weight and is absolutely necessary if you desire that weight to be muscle. Utilize the formula of 1 gram of protein for every 1 pound of bodyweight, consume high quality protein, and perform weight training regularly and you'll be well on your way to building serious quality muscle weight.
There are no posted comments.
- What Is Leptin Resistance?
- What are the health benefits of CBD Oil?
- Healthy Diet Tips for Pregnancy
- How to get a well-defined muscle mass in a short time?
- What is the most effective weight loss diet over the long term?
- How to Prevent Gestational diabetes
- Pre-workout supplements
- Incredible Properties and Benefits of Chayote
- Full Spectrum Hemp Oil vs. Isolated: what is the difference?
- Blood and Guts Pre-Workout
- The Health Benefits of juicing
- The Healing Power of Currants
- The Fact About HGH Supplements
- 10 Wellness tips – this is how to stay healthy during winter
- Something to help you with your pre workout training!
- Marijuana-Cannabis-THC-CBD - Definitions and Slang
- Whey Protein: Benefits, Uses & Requirements
- How to benefit from Keto's revolutionary fat-loss diet plan
- Wild Antarctic Red Krill Fish Oil - Best Omega 3 Fish Supplement?
- How To Become A Fit Vegan
- Mass gainer - take your dose of energy
- Green Coffee Bean Health Benefits
- Don’t Eat These 3 Food Groups if You Have Arthritis
- How to Improve Your Metabolic Health with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Benefits of Probiotics
- How To Protect Yourself From Sickness & Disease
- Boost Your Brain Function And Improve Memory With Pearl Powder
- Digestive Problems In Usa And Its Cure
- 10 Top Solid Nourishments To Keep You Fit
- Pure Water Health Benefits