Eliminate real estate chaos with check sheets
- Author Alan Cowgill
- Published February 23, 2011
- Word count 640
Every time you implement a little system in your office, you have just eliminated a little chaos. I have found the best way is to implement systems through the use of check sheets.
I would create three files for these check sheets. I want a folder on your computer with a shortcut to the desktop that says check sheets. Just put a shortcut on your desktop, if you put the whole file up there then you can’t back up. If it’s on your desktop you’ve got to save them individually. If you’ve got it in My Documents you can save the whole thing. Then, print out hard copies. That you’re going to use. Stick them in a folder so you can pull them out. Why run to your computer and print them off every time if you’re in action? Put all your check sheets inside one folder. I would have a master file, two-ring or three-ring master file sitting on your desk someplace. Fill it with your check sheets. This way you can quickly grab it, if need be.
There is always need for a check sheet. A lot of people are running a multi-million dollar real estate business and they don’t have any. They will never get out of the quagmire they are in. You aren’t going to be able to replicate yourself until you take it up to a level where you have check sheets for what you do. You should do periodic training and reviews with your staff. Maybe emphasize that they can’t miss a certain item on the check sheet.
There’s going to be different ways you handle the check sheets in your real estate company. But you set the systems up so that people don’t become complacent. Maybe it’s a situation where once a quarter you sit down with your employee and you pull out all the check sheets and go through them. Make sure they’re still doing them in order. Look at the sheets that are just signed off. Those are the sheets you want to look at. Don’t worry about the sheets that have not been used yet. Any time my staff makes a change on the check sheet; they always give it to me to see before I start using it. They email it to me and give me a hard copy. They are held accountable for what’s on it. They definitely want to make sure it’s ok when they are held accountable
We do so much on check sheets that we actually keep a check sheet of all the check sheets. It might sound crazy, but it keeps things from becoming chaotic around the office. We have a file folder with all the check sheets in it and they’re all in digital form as well.
Some check sheets have three pages. That is because there is a lot involved in that process. When we do a presentation with ZZZ, one of my companies, we have to be prepared for a lot of work. They take a lot of preparation. So we have to make sure that we have a thorough check sheet that we follow. It might be three pages. So be it. Sometimes we have to create a separate check sheet. This is because we want to make sure that the check sheets don't become too large. It might be intimidating to have a check sheet that looks like War and Peace. Everybody in the office needs to see how it's done. When someone starts with your company, get them on the check sheets.
Then we need to have them trained to know to have it signed off. This way you can hold your staff accountable. And their work is documented for them.
E. Alan Cowgill is the owner of Colby Properties, LLC. and President of Integrity Home Buyers, Inc. Since 1995, Alan has bought and/or sold hundreds of single family and small multi-family investment properties. His home study system, 'Private Lending Made Easy', shows others how to find private lenders for their very own real estate business.
His website is http://www.supercoolsystems.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Guelph home sales drop 70% as the real estate machine comes to a grinding halt
- 5 Steps on How to Declutter Your House for Sale
- The Best Real Estate Agent In Mississauga
- When to pour your polished concrete
- COVID-19 and Guelph’s real estate market. Where do buyers and sellers stand?
- How To Trust Your Real Estate Agent in NYC
- 5 Reasons why living in a doorman building in NYC is worth it
- 5 Great Luxury Apartment Buildings in Manhattan You Should Know
- Understanding NYC Real Estate Terms to Your Advantage
- How To Price Your Inherited Home In Philadelphia For Sale
- Purchasing A Home In Villamartin
- What Are Tensile Structure Fabric and Frame Materials
- Finding Luxury Rentals in NYC
- How To Buy A House in Scotland
- Sell Your House In Los Angeles
- The Importance of Real Estate Photo Editing Outsourcing
- The Importance Of An Inventory For Both Tenant And Landlord
- How to Identify a Qualified Commercial Broker?
- How Much Does It Cost To Sell a House in Scotland?
- How Much Does It Cost To Sell a House in Scotland?
- Tricks Of The Trade For Crafting Compelling Real Estate Copy
- Fire Detection System Protection for Real Estate
- Why do Tech Start-up Companies Love the Triangle?
- Utah Land Development
- Reasons To Hire Professional Cleaners For Bond Cleaning Services
- 3 Tips for Buying Hunting Land
- How to Use Castor Oil For Hair Growth
- Advantages of Working with Quality New Jersey Pool Installers
- Ideas & Inspiration Inground Pool Contractors
- Benefits of Diamond Brite Pool Plaster