Bed Canopy Ideas For Any Budget
- Author Derek Farley
- Published February 24, 2011
- Word count 453
Bed canopies have been an attractive option in room decor since the lords and noble men of the medieval times! Fortunately, today, you do not need to own a crown to create a dramatic focal point to your bedroom. A lot of people enjoy such canopies because they are available in multiple styles to compliment many decorating plans and budgets. While many furniture stores and online retailers offer canopy beds, if you are like most individuals, you already own a regular bed but have decided you would like the "look" of a canopy. There are several ways to achieve this design without paying hundreds of dollars for a brand new bed!
The simplest to install, and most economical to buy, are pre-made canopies. They are found online at most chain stores such as "Wal-Mart" and "Target". They are available for $30.00 - $50.00 dollars, in many colors and made with nylon netting. Material is draped around a ring and attaches to your ceiling with a single hook. Spread fabric out around your bed to completely surround it. The canopy may even be cut to desired length with a pair of household scissors!
One of the most popular ideas is to use curtain rods! Hang curtain rods to mirror your frame on the ceiling. Using regular or "tab top" panel curtains, slide onto curtain rods and you have an instant canopy bed! Any fabric attached with decorative rings would also be a wonderful alternative. Tab top curtains and decorative rings add the benefit of being able to easily open and close your canopy for day and night use. This adds functionality and flare!
You may prefer a more modest option. A shelf canopy for just your headboard may suit your needs. The only materials needed would be a wooden shelf, fabric and a staple gun. The shelf should be the same length or longer than the head of your bed. Staple material to the sides and front of the shelf. Using a shelf instead of a curtain rod gives the canopy more "depth". Mount the shelf high on the wall near the ceiling and let the fabric fall naturally creating the look of curtains over a window at the head of the bed!
Whatever style canopy you prefer, keep in mind that you will be laying in bed looking at the reverse side of the chosen material. Taking this into consideration, you may opt to add a liner to the back or choose a material that is attractive on both sides such as a sheer fabric. Lightweight cloth is the best choice to eliminate the use of heavy wall anchors. Feel free to add embellishments such as fringe, beads, tassels etc., to add a personal touch!
There are no posted comments.
- 3 Ways to Profit in Lock Down
- How A Cup Of Tea Make You Millionaire/Rich?
- Transform Pic to Word and Create Personalized Photo Gifts for Special Occasions
- Turn Picture Into Words to Get Unique, Cool Gift Items
- how to rank youtube videos in 2020
- Balancing the levels of indoor humidity is crucial - HWisel
- How To Develop A Brand Strategy
- My Transitioning Story: Office-Based to Virtual Working
- Add Extra Charisma to Your Wedding with These Table Centrepieces
- Best Steps for Improvements in Commercial Real Estate Business.
- Commercial Real Estate Property - Halsey Real Estate
- Advice On How To Be More Successful At Blogging
- Advice For Your New Tech Blogging Business Is Here
- How to Become a Winemaker
- Three Basic Ways To Keep Your Oven Clean
- Reasons for Using Floor Screeds
- The Uses of Screeds For The Purpose Of Laying Final Flooring
- Why Hire a Waste Disposal Professional?
- Conservatories Essex Homeowners Love
- Some of the Things to Consider When Replacing Your Windows
- Home Depot coupons: Refresh your home space at price as you wish
- Mississauga Home Staging Rental Company
- The Benefit Of Using Newark Airport Car Service
- Using Black Wool Serge to Transform Every Performance on Stage
- Beginners guide to printer types and its functions
- Why Extreme House Sales Could Be For You
- Is it Time for Floor Deep Cleaning?
- A Gas or Electric Cooker for Your Catering Business?
- Buy My House for Cash in Augusta – 2 Questions… Freedom Home Buyers
- 10 Eye Popping, Jaw Dropping Ad Copy Secrets