Orland Park, IL Podiatrists | Dr. Monif Matouk | Foot Doctors in Orland Park
- Author Dr. Monif Matouk
- Published March 2, 2011
- Word count 380
Hi, I am Dr. Matouk my first name is Monif. My practice is True Care Foot and Ankle located near TInely park Illinois. I am glad to have the opportunity to speak with you today. I have really special to offer you but first I’d like to tell you a little bit about my practice.
Frequently Asked Question 4:
What treatments are available for heel pain?
The treatments available for heel pain vary depending on the degree of heel pain and the pathology present or the cause of the heel pain.
The most conservative treatments are changes in shoe gear, having patients wear more appropriate shoes that have a better arch support, also asking the patients not to walk barefoot or in flat house slippers or in low arch shoes.
These often can resolve the majority of the pain with the heel. In addition to that most of the time the patient is asked to do stretching exercises which stretch the plantar ligament or the plantar fascia and cause it to become more elastic and more tolerant to strain and more tolerant to stretching.
In some cases anti-inflammatory medication or cortizone injections into the heel are also very helpful. Another very helpful and important method is to form a special inserts or orthotics that control the degree of rotation of the heel and cause the heel to become more stable also to pad the heel and cushion it and also to cause the arch to become more stable and more supported and these are often very successful treatment.
In some very rare cases conservative measures fail and we have to do a surgical procedure called a plantar fasciotomy which may or may not include removal of the heel spur and the fasciotomy involves basically resection of the medial band of the plantar fascia or parts of it and again the medial plantar fascia is most often detached from the heel spur or the heel spur is completely removed and resected from the heel.
Now, what I would like you to do is go to our website and see how you can get access to our most frequently asked questions and a vulture to complimentary gate analysis. God bless you and thank you for taking time out to listen to me.
Get a Complimentary Gait Analysis along with 20 FREE videos of Dr. Matouk answering all of your most frequently asked questions. Visit us today at http://www.orlandparkfootdoctor.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- NJ Medical Marijuana Got Cheaper in July 2020
- Clinical Equipment Makers Fight To Fulfill Local Request Amid Of Coronavirus Flare-Up
- Excision of Mucocele Using Dental DIODE LASER
- Everything you need to know about CBD oil
- Acupuncture in London
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- What Role Does a Hospital Chargemaster Play in Revenue Cycle Management?
- Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Trends for 2020
- What to do when you have a Toothache
- Super Vidalista
- Clinical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well
- What Are Uses, Doses And Side Effects Of Xenical
- Save Thousands by Getting Veneers Done in Colombia
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Bone Regeneration: All You Need to Know
- What Is Dilaudid?
- What Is Diazepam?
- Benefits And Uses Of CBD Oil
- CBD and Fitness: A Match Made in Heaven?
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Daily Routine
- Does the rain on the plain increase your pain?
- Arthritis Isn't for the Weak
- Infertility In the West Is Becoming An Increasing Problem
- Which is the safer consumption of pill- oral or vaginal administration?
- 5 Common Types Of Arthritis
- What is Lortab?
- How Can Cannabis Help People With Multiple Sclerosis?
- 6 Ways to Find the Best Pediatrician for Your Kids- JPCKIDS
- Eat Right to Beat Cancer with Diet
- ADHD Medications – Are You Getting The Full Story And Giving Your Child The Best Possible Treatment?