Pest Control Houston Myths
- Author James Stuart
- Published March 17, 2011
- Word count 606
When it comes to pests, there are lots of myths floating around. Don’t let any of these keep you from seeking out pest control. Houston has plenty of annoying pests to offer homeowners, and you need the help of a professional to stave them off.
Myth: Pest control is going to cost you a lot of money.
Truth: You don’t have to empty your bank account to pay for pest control. Houston has plenty of pest control companies to choose from. Some will overcharge you, while others want nothing more than to fix your problems at a fair price. So how can you make sure you don’t get taken to the cleaners by dealing with the wrong company? Compare their prices. Look for a company that has their base prices listed on their website. Such transparency is one of the first signs of a trustworthy company.
Myth: You can just use chemicals from the store to perform your own pest control.
Truth: Well, you could. But it’s not a good idea. Why? Well, first of all, chemicals available in the store are usually sub-par in comparison to those available to a company that specializes in pest control. Houston area stores may advertise chemicals and baits that will work just as well as anything a professional would use, but can you really trust them?
Also, when it comes to performing your own pest control, you stand to make many errors because you lack experience. You may misdiagnose the problem, choose incorrect solutions to your problem—you name it. It’s best to leave these problems to a professional who has lots of experience solving them.
Myth: Once you hire a company for pest control, you’re job is over.
Truth: Sure a good pest control company in Houston will take care of your pest problems, but the job doesn’t end there. You need to take measures around your home to ensure that the pests don’t come back. That means:
• Keep things clean—Clutter and unhygienic debris breeds all sorts of pests, including roaches, rodents, and termites.
• Get wood debris out of your yard—Leaving untreated wood laying around is like leaving a three-course dinner out for termites.
• Fix leaks—Have a leak? Fix it now to avoid all the pest issues moisture provides.
Myth: Houston is being overrun by bed bugs.
Truth: If you watch Houston news whatsoever, you’re probably scared to death of bedbugs. For awhile there, it seemed like they were the only thing the newscasters could talk about. Images of disgusting bugs and disgusting mattresses were plastered all over prime time television. Sending throngs of people out to buy new bedding. After all, Houston is being invaded by bed bugs. Right? Wrong. The truth is, bed bugs are extremely rare. That doesn’t mean you can’t get them but you should verify their presence before you act. If you think you have them, call a company that provides pest control. Houston has plenty of them to choose from.
Myth: If it’s not wet, termites won’t touch it.
Truth: Although termites require moisture, visible signs of moisture problems are not required. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t keep moisture out of your home—because you should. But if you notice other signs of termites without moisture being present, you still want to contact a company for pest control Houston.
Remember, silly myths shouldn’t keep you from seeking help. If you’re looking for pest control, Houston companies do exist to help you out. Do your homework and find a trustworthy one to call.
There are no posted comments.
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design
- An Effective Guidance before You Install Insulation for Your Home
- Tips for choosing good cheap removalists interstate Melbourne
- Why Choose Resin For Your Driveway?
- Essential Things to Note When Searching for Concrete Restoration Services in Palm Beach
- How LED Lights Benefit Senior Citizens’ Health
- How to move your house
- What Is a Registered Electrician and Do I Need One?
- Why Sealants and Adhesives are Important Correctional Resources?
- Make A New Year Resolution To Refit Your Kitchen, And Make Certain You Do It
- Making Every House a Home
- Should I Use Liquid Screed For My Next Floor Installation?
- Advice for an Environmentally Sustainable Home Build