Your Garden's Hidden Pharmacy
- Author Isaac Eliaz
- Published March 5, 2011
- Word count 372
Many common health conditions can be remedied with a healthy lifestyle that is accompanied by the use of certain herbal remedies. While Western Medicine relies heavily on the use of prescription drugs, most practitioners of Eastern Medicine, as well as traditional naturopathic doctors and herbalists, consider natural herbs and plants to be much healthier choices. Using medicinal herbs to treat any number of ailments allows you to benefit from a synergy of complex chemical components such as antioxidants and phytonutrients,as they occur in nature. So what types of herbs contain powerful healing properties?
Praised by Confucius, ginger has been considered the universal medicine for many years. It is gentle on the stomach and is commonly used to relieve symptoms of nausea, indigestion, fever, and infection. More advanced research suggests that it may even be used for heart health, digestive health, preventing colds and flu,and assisting in weight loss.
This herb is considered one of nature's most powerful antiseptics and is commonly used in certain mouthwash and decongestant products. Thyme can be added to teas and herbal drinks, where it helps relieve sore throat, cough, bronchitis, and laryngitis.
Garlic has a number of active components, including allicin, alliinase and sulfur compounds, which contribute to its potent antibiotic, anti-viral and fungicidal properties. These assets make garlic highly effective in lowering high blood pressure, maintaining healthy cholesterol levels, and boosting the immune system.
In addition to carrying a distinct fragrant quality, mint also has the ability to settle the digestive tract, thus decreasing the severity and length of stomach aches. The herb can be added to teas, salads or eaten by itself to relieve symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome and hinder the growth of toxic bacteria in the stomach.
Lavender is another fragrant herb that is used in a variety of medicinal and cosmetic products. It is largely cultivated for its natural oils which can calm nerves, alleviate headaches, and help to reduce stress.
Turning to herbal remedies for safe and natural treatments is an affordable way to maintain your health and vitality, while building your immune system and preventing many common illnesses. Not to mention leaving just one small ecological footprint or two in your garden bed.
Dr. Isaac Eliaz is a respected author, lecturer, researcher, product formulator, and clinical practitioner. He has been a pioneer in the field of integrative medicine since the early 1980s. Dr. Eliaz is a frequent guest lecturer on integrative medical approaches to health, immune enhancement, and cancer prevention and treatment.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- NJ Medical Marijuana Got Cheaper in July 2020
- Clinical Equipment Makers Fight To Fulfill Local Request Amid Of Coronavirus Flare-Up
- Excision of Mucocele Using Dental DIODE LASER
- Everything you need to know about CBD oil
- Acupuncture in London
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- What Role Does a Hospital Chargemaster Play in Revenue Cycle Management?
- Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Trends for 2020
- What to do when you have a Toothache
- Super Vidalista
- Clinical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well
- What Are Uses, Doses And Side Effects Of Xenical
- Save Thousands by Getting Veneers Done in Colombia
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Bone Regeneration: All You Need to Know
- What Is Dilaudid?
- What Is Diazepam?
- Benefits And Uses Of CBD Oil
- CBD and Fitness: A Match Made in Heaven?
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Daily Routine
- Does the rain on the plain increase your pain?
- Arthritis Isn't for the Weak
- Infertility In the West Is Becoming An Increasing Problem
- Which is the safer consumption of pill- oral or vaginal administration?
- 5 Common Types Of Arthritis
- What is Lortab?
- How Can Cannabis Help People With Multiple Sclerosis?
- 6 Ways to Find the Best Pediatrician for Your Kids- JPCKIDS
- Eat Right to Beat Cancer with Diet
- ADHD Medications – Are You Getting The Full Story And Giving Your Child The Best Possible Treatment?