Glaucoma Treatment Available
- Author Kathryn Dawson
- Published February 27, 2011
- Word count 627
Glaucoma is a condition of the eye that can result in serious problems if left untreated for a long time. It is caused when there is a build up of pressure in the eye. It is a slow developing condition but in the advanced stages of it the chances are high that the eye sight has been severely affected already. That is why it is always absolutely crucial to get treatment for it as quickly as possible after diagnosis. Glaucoma can cause blurred vision or double vision and eventually may lead to blindness.
There are two types of glaucoma. Open angle glaucoma is the most common type and is caused when the eye's drainage canals are clogged and fluid is unable to flow freely. When the fluid cannot drain away it builds up as does the pressure. There is a rarer type of glaucoma too. This is known as closed angle glaucoma or acute or narrow angle glaucoma. This occurs when there is too little space between the iris and the cornea. The space here should be wide enough for fluid in the eye to flow freely and when this is restricted, pressure begins to build up. This type of glaucoma can cause pain as well as bad eye sight, blurred vision and nausea. Both conditions are serious and need treatment if you want to avoid losing any sight.
The first course of treatment for glaucoma is usually eye drops. These are prescribed in the hope that the passageways are unclogged, allowing the fluid to flow freely once more. In the scenarios where the problem is not so easily fixed, for example when there is not enough space between the iris and the cornea, additional treatment may be required. Glaucoma laser eye surgery is sometimes necessary in order to relieve the pressure in the eye. This surgery works by using lasers to reshape the cornea to help the fluid in the eye flow better. It is a very effective type of surgery and has helped millions of people all over the world so far.
The surgery itself only takes a few minutes and because anesthetic is used it is totally painless and the patient is unable to feel anything. Just a day or two later and patients are often back at work. An antibiotic will also be prescribed in the form of eye drops so that following the surgery the eyes remain clean and free of infection. There will be regular check ups required after surgery so your eye doctor can check on the healing process and ensure there have been no complications.
There are very few complications that occur during laser eye surgery. It is extremely effective and can provide instant relief to patients, especially those who have been suffering from eye redness or pain because of their glaucoma. If you want to find out if you are a suitable candidate for this kind of treatment then you should visit your nearest eye hospital. Here you will be given a thorough eye examination and taken through the possible options available to you. If you are in the very early stages of glaucoma then eye drops may be all that is required to fix the problem and prevent it from worsening.
When it comes to glaucoma treatment there are a few options available. To know what is best for you requires a discussion with an eye doctor as glaucoma can occur due to a variety of factors. There is eye laser treatment available for anyone who has had their sight affected by glaucoma, and although it cannot restore any lost sight it can prevent the condition from getting any worse. Laser surgery is also good for cataract surgery and other types of condition affecting the eyes too.
There are no posted comments.
- Organically Approved, Scientifically Approved
- Everything To Know About Xanax
- Tramadol For Pain - Need To Know About Pain
- How do dangerous viruses like COVID-19 come about?
- 3 Complications of Untreated Sore Throat
- 8 Helpful Tips to Avoid Diabetes
- The Ancient Healing Practice of Acupuncture: Your Questions Answered
- How To Increase Your Immunity With Top Immune Boosters
- Can CBD Help With Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain?
- NJ Medical Marijuana Got Cheaper in July 2020
- Clinical Equipment Makers Fight To Fulfill Local Request Amid Of Coronavirus Flare-Up
- Excision of Mucocele Using Dental DIODE LASER
- Everything you need to know about CBD oil
- Acupuncture in London
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- What Role Does a Hospital Chargemaster Play in Revenue Cycle Management?
- Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Trends for 2020
- What to do when you have a Toothache
- Super Vidalista
- Clinical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well
- What Are Uses, Doses And Side Effects Of Xenical
- Save Thousands by Getting Veneers Done in Colombia
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Bone Regeneration: All You Need to Know
- What Is Dilaudid?
- What Is Diazepam?
- Benefits And Uses Of CBD Oil
- CBD and Fitness: A Match Made in Heaven?
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Daily Routine
- Does the rain on the plain increase your pain?