Fighting Sinusitis With Nasal Nebulizers
- Author Jillian Phillips
- Published March 6, 2011
- Word count 538
The sinuses are hollow cavities in the head, which are normally filled with one of two substances – mucus and air. In some cases, however, a third type of substance may be found sitting within your sinuses – foreign materials. These can range from plain old dust, molds, pollen, and smoke, to infectious micro organisms like bacteria, viruses and fungi. When these foreign materials stay put in your sinuses, these can cause sinusitis.
Sinusitis is the inflammation of the sinuses that can cause nasal congestion, headaches, a runny nose, and other pains near the sinus areas like the face and teeth. Fighting this condition involves different kinds of methods, such as application of home remedies, taking in medication, or simply resting and waiting for sinusitis to go away on its own. The last one is actually your best bet when dealing with viral sinusitis.
A nasal nebulizer is a tool that can help in your battle with sinusitis. It is a device that your doctor can recommend so that you can breathe in medication directly into your problematic sinuses. Before, nebulizers are only used in hospitals, for people with severe respiratory infections. But now, a nasal nebulizer can easily be bought after you get a referral from your doctor. These nebulizers are differentiated from nasal sprays, as they hold a much finer mist form of medication, and give you better chances of getting the micro mist into the inner parts of your nasal and sinus areas.
Other benefits of a nasal nebulizer include:
faster relief as compared to oral medications, since the medicated mist from the nebulizer can make you feel better in as fast as a few minutes’ time
easy use, handling and administration of medication, as compared to the use of inhalers and nasal sprays
the option of having a pharmacist put custom compound medication in a nebulizer, as exact as your doctor would like your medication to be
Sinus Medications Used in Nebulizers
There are a lot of different kinds of medications for sinusitis. This is because there are a lot of different kinds of foreign materials that can cause your sinusitis. To deal with these root causes, we have the following:
Antibiotics are the most popular type of sinusitis medication. But that doesn’t mean that these can solve all types of sinusitis. Antibiotics are only to be taken for eliminating bacterial sinusitis infection.
Anti fungal medication is obviously for targeting fungi inside the sinuses.
Corticosteroids are mainly used to reduce the inflammation of the sinus linings, regardless of other underlying causes of your sinusitis. These cannot get rid of bacteria or fungi, but they can significantly reduce the swelling that makes your nose congested.
Antihistamines are also anti-inflammatory drugs that are used to fight off sinusitis that developed from allergies.
As mentioned awhile ago, a nasal nebulizer can contain custom compound medication that includes a combination of the medications above. For example, a physician can prescribe a mix of anti inflammatory and anti fungal drugs for allergic fungal sinusitis. Some type of aloe or menthol can also be included in the mixed nebulizer solution, to act as an extra moisturizer for the sinus and nasal passages.
There are no posted comments.
- NJ Medical Marijuana Got Cheaper in July 2020
- Clinical Equipment Makers Fight To Fulfill Local Request Amid Of Coronavirus Flare-Up
- Excision of Mucocele Using Dental DIODE LASER
- Everything you need to know about CBD oil
- Acupuncture in London
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- What Role Does a Hospital Chargemaster Play in Revenue Cycle Management?
- Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Trends for 2020
- What to do when you have a Toothache
- Super Vidalista
- Clinical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well
- What Are Uses, Doses And Side Effects Of Xenical
- Save Thousands by Getting Veneers Done in Colombia
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Bone Regeneration: All You Need to Know
- What Is Dilaudid?
- What Is Diazepam?
- Benefits And Uses Of CBD Oil
- CBD and Fitness: A Match Made in Heaven?
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Daily Routine
- Does the rain on the plain increase your pain?
- Arthritis Isn't for the Weak
- Infertility In the West Is Becoming An Increasing Problem
- Which is the safer consumption of pill- oral or vaginal administration?
- 5 Common Types Of Arthritis
- What is Lortab?
- How Can Cannabis Help People With Multiple Sclerosis?
- 6 Ways to Find the Best Pediatrician for Your Kids- JPCKIDS
- Eat Right to Beat Cancer with Diet
- ADHD Medications – Are You Getting The Full Story And Giving Your Child The Best Possible Treatment?