Attract Clients - Amateur vs Professional
- Author Jason Westlake
- Published March 9, 2011
- Word count 588
To attract clients in your life coaching practice, you have to be a professional. You can’t be an amateur life coach and expect to earn money. I see many people who dream of being life coaches, who dream of running a successful business, but their actions starkly contradict their dreams. Their actions speak of people who are not committed, who do not want to be successful and are content with where they are at. And that’s OK. It just means you won’t be a life coach and earn money.
A professional is someone who has to do their business. There are no other options. No amount of fear could ever stop a professional. An amateur dabbles. Professionals have their blood in their profession. Professionals get paid. Amateurs do not. Professionals are responsible for their work. They are accountable to the people they serve. Amateurs are not. Amateurs can give up if they meet resistance. Professionals do not.
Amateurs don’t have to get better at what they do. Professionals have no other option. Amateurs aren’t held accountable to anything. They don’t have to go to work. They don’t have to be there. They don’t have to do anything.
Professionals are there every day mastering their craft, getting better in the rain or the sun. They’re practicing whether it’s hot or cold, whether they’re sick or well. Professionals, no matter what happens, get the job done. Professionals can’t be deterred by their thoughts or feelings. Professionals can’t give up if they fail.
To find out whether your business is professional or not, ask yourself the following questions.
How much time do I spend on my business each week?
How much money do I spend each year on furthering my education for my business?
Am I accountable to produce results, either to myself or someone else?
-Am I there working rain or shine, hot or cold, sick or otherwise?
-Do I give up when I fail? Do I stop working?
My guess is you probably know whether you are treating your life coaching business like a professional or not. The biggest question to ask yourself is how many sales conversations do you have each week with qualified prospects. How many people are in your sales funnel? If the answer is not very many, you can know that you are not treating your business like a professional.
And no, you don’t need to build your website before you talk to people. That’s an excuse to avoid talking to people. And no, you don’t need to get certified to make sales. That’s another excuse not to talk to people. And no, you don’t need to know anything else or do anything else. You just need to go talk to people. If you don’t, you’re not a professional and you won’t earn any money. You might as well keep your day job.
I don’t mean to be harsh. I just intend to give the facts like eggs are eggs. No talking to potential clients equals no money, no business and not a professional. But if you are talking to lots of people, my guess is that you’re getting better at your sales every week. You’re getting better on where to find clients and how to continuously attract clients. You’re learning to be a professional. And that is the mindset you need to approach any business that you start with.
Jason Westlake is a life coach who shows other coaches how to attract clients. The 3 absolutely critical foundations to building a successful life coaching practice are available at: http://JasonWestlake.com. Learn about doubling your profits athttps://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- A Comprehensive Guide to Garage Door Repairs in Florida
- Navigating the Long-Distance Move: A Guide to Preparation
- Why Didn’t They Buy? (WDTB) - Exploring the Factors Behind Non-Purchase Decisions
- Value Exchange - The Key To Long Term Customer Relationships
- Unpacking the Challenges in Contingent Workforce Management
- Benefits and Cost Savings of Storing Commercial Documents Off-Site for Businesses
- Vacuum Pump
- How Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Software Enhances Efficiency In Modern Business
- Landing the Best Sales Jobs in California: 4 Tips to Know
- The Quest for the Best Air Conditioner in the UK: Stay Cool and Comfortable
- E-commerce website builder
- Remote video security surveillance systems
- How Dry Screw Vacuum Pumps Work
- The Role of Annuities in Securing a Stable Retirement Income
- Fast Online Courses: A Path to Fast Money and Personal Growth
- Custom Patches Unveiled: Shaping the Artistry of Tomorrow's Wearable World
- Navigating Opportunities: A Guide To The Tendering Process For UK Public Sector Organisations
- Efficiency and Growth: The Importance of a Real Estate Virtual Assistant
- Exploring the Cosmosplast Supplier in UAE: Pioneering Excellence in Plastic Solutions
- Best Business Setup Company in Dubai, UAE — Procedure, Jurisdiction & License Types
- “Engage, Inform, and Sell: The Magic of Bottle Neckers”
- Get the Perfect Beauty & Salon App with Expert Developers
- Elevate Your Workplace with Professional Office and Commercial Cleaning Services in Auckland
- What is Contract Packaging?
- The Path to a Successful Chief Sustainability Officer: Lessons Learned from the Digital Transformation Era
- Why Businesses Should Outsource Their Logistics To Professional Courier Companies
- 5 Advantages of Buy LinkedIn accounts for Businesses.
- Commercial vs Industrial Vacuum Cleaners: Which One Is Right for Your Cleaning Needs?
- The Importance of Collaboration between Real Estate Sales and Operations Teams
- How to Start a Pet Grooming Service: Your Complete Guide