Swiss Sciences Nutrition - Nutraceuticals
- Author Thomas Poole
- Published March 9, 2011
- Word count 541
Swiss Sciences Nutrition - What Are Nutraceuticals?
Nutraceuticals were once labled alternative medicine. Now, research has begun to show evidence that nutraceuticals are often effective in improving our health. Swiss Sciences is a team of Researchers.
New studies conducted by food scientists have show that there is more to food science than what was understood just a couple decades ago. The analysis of food was once limited to its flavor and nutritional value until very recently. There is growing evidence, though, that certain components of food may play an big role in the link between food and health.
The word nutraceuticals was first coined by a man named Dr. Stephen L. DeFelice and is formed by combining the words "nutrition" and "pharmaceutical". The Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines nutraceutical as "A food stuff (as a fortified food or a dietary supplement) that provides health benefits." In a nutshell, nutraceuticals are foods or food products with some sort of health benefit, including the prevention and treatment of disease. Dietary supplements are found in many different forms such as powders, capsules, soft-gels, liquids, or tablets. Ingredients in these products will include: vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and substances such as organ tissues, enzymes, glandular tissues, and metabolites. All of Swiss Sciences's products are made through manufacturing processes that are medical grade facilities such as NHK and NULAB facilities.
Such products are also often referred to as functional foods, signifying they and their ingredients may provide a health benefit beyond basic nutrition. They may range from dietary supplements, isolated nutrients, and specific diets to genetically engineered foods, and processed foods. Recent breakthroughs by researchers and medical practitioners have enabled the integration of information from clinical studies into effective treatments and therapies in medical practice.
Some examples include fruits and vegetables as well as fortified or enhanced foods. While its true that all foods are functional in the respect that they contain nutrients, nutraceuticals contain health-promoting ingredients or natural components that have a potential health benefit for the body.
Fortifying food for health purposes started in the US in the early 1900s when food manufacturers started adding iodine to salt in order to prevent goiter (an enlargement of the thyroid gland). Today, hundreds of compounds with functional qualities are now identified.
Swiss Sciences Nutrition was born to offer superior all natural nutrition products combined with the high integrity of an experienced, highly motivated, management and support team - who are committed to your success. Nutraceuticals are extremely popular among consumers in the U.S. and other nations. American sales of nutraceuticals have surpassed $30 billion a year for the past several years. Nutraceuticals are one of the fastest-growing segments of the food industry. Swiss Sciences is the creator of some of the highest quality health products in the world.
The increased interest in the relationship between diet and health has boosted the demand for information on nutraceuticals. Advances in science, increasing health care costs, food law changes for product labels, an increasingly aging population and rising interest in attaining wellness through dieting are a few of the factors fueling U.S. interest in nutraceuticals. Credible scientific research indicates many potential health benefits from nutraceuticals. These benefits could expand the health claims now permitted to be identified by the FDA.
Come visit the Swiss Sciences Nutrition blog for health and nutrition advice. With most all Swiss Sciences's products are supplied written materials and books providing the added benefit of educational material to help you become more successful in your fight for healthy weight loss. View our blog at: http://www.swisssciences.netArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What are the health benefits of CBD Oil?
- Healthy Diet Tips for Pregnancy
- How to get a well-defined muscle mass in a short time?
- What is the most effective weight loss diet over the long term?
- How to Prevent Gestational diabetes
- Pre-workout supplements
- Incredible Properties and Benefits of Chayote
- Full Spectrum Hemp Oil vs. Isolated: what is the difference?
- Blood and Guts Pre-Workout
- The Health Benefits of juicing
- The Healing Power of Currants
- The Fact About HGH Supplements
- 10 Wellness tips – this is how to stay healthy during winter
- Something to help you with your pre workout training!
- Marijuana-Cannabis-THC-CBD - Definitions and Slang
- Whey Protein: Benefits, Uses & Requirements
- How to benefit from Keto's revolutionary fat-loss diet plan
- Wild Antarctic Red Krill Fish Oil - Best Omega 3 Fish Supplement?
- How To Become A Fit Vegan
- Mass gainer - take your dose of energy
- Green Coffee Bean Health Benefits
- Don’t Eat These 3 Food Groups if You Have Arthritis
- How to Improve Your Metabolic Health with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Benefits of Probiotics
- How To Protect Yourself From Sickness & Disease
- Boost Your Brain Function And Improve Memory With Pearl Powder
- Digestive Problems In Usa And Its Cure
- 10 Top Solid Nourishments To Keep You Fit
- Pure Water Health Benefits
- "The Year of the Vegan"