Healthy Snacks with High Fiber Foods are Crucial for Kids and Athletes
- Author Everett Smith
- Published March 22, 2011
- Word count 542
High fiber foods are a critical consideration when choosing healthy snacks for kids and athletes in order to maintain a smooth digestive system, which is the first step toward ensuring proper nutrition. High fiber foods are in the digestive system longer, slowing down the entire digestive process, which can help for a couple of reasons. First, high fiber healthy snacks are used more efficiently by the body. Since they are in the system for a longer period of time, more nutrients can be extracted. Second, the fact that the food moves more slowly through the digestive tract means a feeling of being full for a longer period of time. This is why high fiber foods are necessary for natural weight loss, and one of a number of reasons why they are the best healthy snacks for kids and athletes.
High fiber foods include plant substances that cannot be totally digested by the body. It may be broken down into very small pieces, but the stomach acids and other digestive processes cannot distill the fiber into the necessary chemical nutrients like other food we eat. For example, the body breaks down proteins to create amino acids that are used in building lean muscles, and carbohydrates may be broken down into sugars that are stored in the liver for quick energy later. This is not the case with fiber. It is smart to remember that healthy snacks for kids and athletes should create long lasting benefits, not short bursts that result in quick crashes. This clearly reveals how healthy snacks that are high fiber foods can sustain kids and athletes longer.
One of the greatest things about high fiber food is the ability to perform like scrub brushes for the digestive tract. The parts of undigested fiber can actually sweep away waste products that have collected along the walls of the intestines. This may include a lining of mucus that stops nutrients from getting to where they need to go. When you consume healthy snacks with high fiber foods then your body gets help in scrubbing away this mucus, allowing nutrients to get absorbed most efficiently into the bloodstream. High fiber foods help to maintain a healthy colon, which in turn allows for the most efficient absorption of the nutrients from healthy snacks that kids and athletes eat.
The idea is that high fiber foods keep the intestines clean and this may actually help prevent a number of diseases, including colon cancer. This is why it is important for athletes and kids to consume plenty of fiber in their daily diet. Since both of these groups of people are often too busy to eat right it is thoughtful to keep healthy snacks on hand that provide at least four grams of fiber per serving. Fresh fruits and vegetables are excellent choices, as well as a few specific fiber bars. However, not all bars have enough fiber to be considered truly healthy snacks for kids and athletes.
For the body to have the greatest opportunity for peak performance, it is rewarding in so many ways to consume more high fiber foods as healthy snacks for kids and athletes. For innovative options and valuable alternatives that make this plan more convenient, search online health food stores.
Cliff Everett Smith is a dedicated mountain biker and owner of www.BestHealthFoodStore.net. He is also the author of numerous articles and blogs about high fiber foods. He offers firsthand knowledge of healthy snacks for kids and athletes.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What Is Leptin Resistance?
- What are the health benefits of CBD Oil?
- Healthy Diet Tips for Pregnancy
- How to get a well-defined muscle mass in a short time?
- What is the most effective weight loss diet over the long term?
- How to Prevent Gestational diabetes
- Pre-workout supplements
- Incredible Properties and Benefits of Chayote
- Full Spectrum Hemp Oil vs. Isolated: what is the difference?
- Blood and Guts Pre-Workout
- The Health Benefits of juicing
- The Healing Power of Currants
- The Fact About HGH Supplements
- 10 Wellness tips – this is how to stay healthy during winter
- Something to help you with your pre workout training!
- Marijuana-Cannabis-THC-CBD - Definitions and Slang
- Whey Protein: Benefits, Uses & Requirements
- How to benefit from Keto's revolutionary fat-loss diet plan
- Wild Antarctic Red Krill Fish Oil - Best Omega 3 Fish Supplement?
- How To Become A Fit Vegan
- Mass gainer - take your dose of energy
- Green Coffee Bean Health Benefits
- Don’t Eat These 3 Food Groups if You Have Arthritis
- How to Improve Your Metabolic Health with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Benefits of Probiotics
- How To Protect Yourself From Sickness & Disease
- Boost Your Brain Function And Improve Memory With Pearl Powder
- Digestive Problems In Usa And Its Cure
- 10 Top Solid Nourishments To Keep You Fit
- Pure Water Health Benefits