Adolescent Medicine in Idaho Falls-Common Problems Among Teens That Should Be Discussed With a Physician
- Author Jeremy Smith
- Published March 23, 2011
- Word count 429
Puberty experiences in young women will vary. Doctors practicing adolescent medicine advise parents and their daughters to pay close attention to certain issues and as they advance through various stages of puberty.
Painful cramps are one symptom that parents should inquire about. While it is common for the teen to experience cramps during the time of their period, excruciating cramps could indicate a serious condition in teenage women. Severe cramps can indicate dysmenorrhea. One form of dysmenorrhea, the primary spasmodic, can affect 80 percent of young teenage females. Other issues like endometriosis could also be linked to severe cramps. Parents with teens experiencing severe cramps may want to speak with a physician about the problem.
Infrequent periods is another thing that the parents should take note of. Many young women may experience a missed period within the year the menstrual cycle begins. Periods can become irregular among extremely active teens that play sports and exercise often. Irregular periods can also be a symptom of the condition polycystic ovary syndrome. This condition affects ten percent of women. It can cause irregular hair growth, acne and weight gain. Any hormonal balance problems the teen may be experiencing contributing to conditions stemming from irregular periods can be managed by the doctor working in the field of adolescent medicine in Idaho Falls.
Unhealthy weight gain is another problem that parents want to watch for. The excess weight can lead to an imbalance in hormone levels, and if untreated, the teen could have issues as a young adult with weight. Weight issues among teens can develop into a lifestyle, so proper counseling from a physician that specializes in adolescent medicine in Idaho Falls can help address this concern. Physicians in adolescent medicine can help the parents and the teen handle weight issues in a way that helps promote a healthy self-image and a healthy lifestyle.
Delayed puberty is another issue that should be of concern to parents. Breast development, menstruation and other physical changes are tied to a timeline. While not all teenage females develop at the same time, an abnormal delay should be discussed with the physician specializing in adolescent medicine. Such a delay can indicate an endocrine or reproductive problem in teen women.
Adolescent medicine helps parents address the developmental concerns affecting teenage women early on. The earlier these issues are addressed in young women, the easier they are to treat successfully. There are five stages of puberty for young women, and parents can help guide their children through them with the help of a physician specializing in adolescent medicine in Idaho Falls.
If you are interested in gene hodges in idaho falls, be sure to visit http://www.lifescript.com/doctor-directory/index.aspx.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Everything To Know About Xanax
- Tramadol For Pain - Need To Know About Pain
- How do dangerous viruses like COVID-19 come about?
- 3 Complications of Untreated Sore Throat
- 8 Helpful Tips to Avoid Diabetes
- The Ancient Healing Practice of Acupuncture: Your Questions Answered
- How To Increase Your Immunity With Top Immune Boosters
- Can CBD Help With Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain?
- NJ Medical Marijuana Got Cheaper in July 2020
- Clinical Equipment Makers Fight To Fulfill Local Request Amid Of Coronavirus Flare-Up
- Excision of Mucocele Using Dental DIODE LASER
- Everything you need to know about CBD oil
- Acupuncture in London
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- What Role Does a Hospital Chargemaster Play in Revenue Cycle Management?
- Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Trends for 2020
- What to do when you have a Toothache
- Super Vidalista
- Clinical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well
- What Are Uses, Doses And Side Effects Of Xenical
- Save Thousands by Getting Veneers Done in Colombia
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Bone Regeneration: All You Need to Know
- What Is Dilaudid?
- What Is Diazepam?
- Benefits And Uses Of CBD Oil
- CBD and Fitness: A Match Made in Heaven?
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Daily Routine
- Does the rain on the plain increase your pain?
- Arthritis Isn't for the Weak