Salvia - Extracting At Home
- Author Nicole Arlington
- Published March 31, 2011
- Word count 560
The very well known herb which is available in abundance in the areas of Sierra Mazateca of Oaxaca, Mexico is known for various purpose of usage. Due to the presence of many psychoactive chemicals in the leaves of Salvia Divinorum it is used for medicinal purposes, for smoking the dried leaves through Bong and also for chewing purposes. Most importantly the plant was considered for aesthetic purpose by the ancient Aztecs.
Now let us discuss how to make Salvia Divinorum extract by crushing its leaves. There are actually two types of extract of Salvia Divinorum; one is that of good quality which has a good color and the second one looks like black gum which is a mess of some horrible items. By just using some more special items like chemicals and laboratory items we can make our salvia Divinorum extract good looking and of good quality.
To make a good extract of Salvia we need certain items which are of utmost importance to maintain its high quality. Firstly a blender to blend the beans of coffee, a clean large saucepan in order to hold the blended mixture, a small as well as narrow glass container, a pipette and some chemicals like acetone and naphthalene.
Now when all the items are available then we have to follow a series of steps in order to make a good quality of Salvia Divinorum extract. Firstly we have to collect some dried leaves of Salvia Divinorum in a container and then we have to grind the leaves using coffee blender in small amounts. Firstly the leaves won’t grind to small pieces but after 2-3 times of grinding they would automatically become a paste. The very next thing is to extract the chemicals which are present in the leaves. Salvinorin-A is extracted from the leaves of Salvia after the crushing operation. Now the leaves are mixed with equal quantity of solvent so as to cover the entire portion of the paste and the mixture is stirred constantly for a period of about 5- 10 minutes and then allowed to settle down for a period of about 6-8 hours. In this period almost all of the Salvinorin-A gets dissolved in the solvent. Now the very next step is extremely boring and one has to wait for a period of about 16 hours and during this it should be taken care that the paste is not exposed to light and is kept in darkness. The main reason why it is kept in darkness is that Salvinorin-A gets destroyed in darkness. One should not touch the mixture during this period of 16 hours. The next step is very much tiring and also dangerous since the mixture needs to be evaporated. The evaporation is done by the use of hairdryer or some hot apparatus, but it should be noticed that the action of evaporation should be performed in a well ventilated place. Otherwise when the smell of Salvinorin-A can become the cause of head ache, nausea and other problems. The mixture becomes black in color after evaporation. For the purpose of purification it is dissolved in naphtha, the black color gets dissolved in naphtha leaving behind only Salvinorin-A. The last step is of fortification in which Salvinorin-A is mixed with equal amount of solvent and thus a very high quality of salvia extract is made and that too in home.
There are no posted comments.
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- What to do when you have a Toothache
- Super Vidalista
- Clinical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well
- What Are Uses, Doses And Side Effects Of Xenical
- Save Thousands by Getting Veneers Done in Colombia
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Bone Regeneration: All You Need to Know
- What Is Dilaudid?
- What Is Diazepam?
- Benefits And Uses Of CBD Oil
- CBD and Fitness: A Match Made in Heaven?
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Daily Routine
- Does the rain on the plain increase your pain?
- Arthritis Isn't for the Weak
- Infertility In the West Is Becoming An Increasing Problem
- Which is the safer consumption of pill- oral or vaginal administration?
- 5 Common Types Of Arthritis
- What is Lortab?
- How Can Cannabis Help People With Multiple Sclerosis?
- 6 Ways to Find the Best Pediatrician for Your Kids- JPCKIDS
- Eat Right to Beat Cancer with Diet
- ADHD Medications – Are You Getting The Full Story And Giving Your Child The Best Possible Treatment?
- How this New Medical Device Could Help Save a Hundred Thousand American Lives Annually
- What Is CBD?
- Dental tourism in Vietnam: Safe or not?
- What you need to know before traveling to Vietnam for dental care
- #1 Home Remedy To Typhoid And Malaria
- Fight Nervousness with CBD
- Nosebleed in Children