Care For Those You Love With A Medical Alert System
- Author Olivia Peterson
- Published April 2, 2011
- Word count 584
A medical alarm can make a big difference in the lives of seniors and people with special needs. Also known as a medical alert or Personal Emergency Response System (PERS), it is designed to signal the presence of a hazard requiring instant awareness and summon emergency medical workers. Elderly or disabled people residing on their own would be the primary users of this kind of system.
A typical medical alert system has three elements, the base unit, personal Help button, and a monitoring center. The Help button is normally by means of a wireless pendant or transmitter which can be worn like a wristwatch or pendant, and can be activated in an emergency. When triggered, a signal is transmitted towards base unit, which automatically dials a preset number that connects to an emergency service center.
There are many risk factors that could indicate that an individual could benefit through using a medical alarm. For example being over the age of 65, living on your own or left alone for longer amounts of time, having a history of falls (or at risk of falling), use of mobility assisted devices (such as canes, walkers, wheelchairs, and airlifts) and being affected by sensory loss (vision or hearing) or cognitive defects. Individuals possessing one or more of the characteristics enumerated, particularly the first couple of items, you should think about obtaining a medical alert device.
In an emergency, the last thing that people involved want to do would be to work a sophisticated device. For this reason medical alert systems are deigned to always be simple to install and use. They're also far more convenient and safer than the phone. Since the alarm is usually worn around the wrist, around the neck or on the belt, it's simple and easy , fast to gain access to, and you do not have to look for a phone.
Household accidents are typical, but you will find instances where they may be fatal. These are mostly cases where victims could have made it if help had came sooner. Seniors or people with disabilities are at greater risk for this stuff, and could not be able to deal with them without assistance. This is where a medical alarm could be invaluable.
The quality of help that wearers of medical alert devices are entitled to is an additional major selling point. People who answer calls at the monitoring center are trained to handle medical emergencies and may give instant support. Users’ personal information is usually kept on file to ensure proper care and precautions are taken when answering medical problems or emergencies.
One of the reasons why elderly people transfer to assisted living facilities and then leave their homes is the fear that there won't be any one to assist in an urgent situation or accident while living alone. However, there are many who feel that they may lose their sense of independence inside a nursing home or retirement home. Using a medical alarm can successfully eliminate the reason why for going into an assisted living situation and allows seniors to have their dignity and freedom intact.
As with all consumer products, medical alert systems vary in terms of price and features such as range, hours of standby power, repair and replacement options, payment options, and setup time. There are many suppliers and vendors for this service, so it is important to do some research and product comparison before buying. This way, users can be assured of a merchandise that fits their demands and lifestyle.
If you are looking for a personal medical alert there is plenty of information out there on these devices. Knowing the right information on these devices can make all the differences in the world.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- What Role Does a Hospital Chargemaster Play in Revenue Cycle Management?
- Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Trends for 2020
- What to do when you have a Toothache
- Super Vidalista
- Clinical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well
- What Are Uses, Doses And Side Effects Of Xenical
- Save Thousands by Getting Veneers Done in Colombia
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Bone Regeneration: All You Need to Know
- What Is Dilaudid?
- What Is Diazepam?
- Benefits And Uses Of CBD Oil
- CBD and Fitness: A Match Made in Heaven?
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Daily Routine
- Does the rain on the plain increase your pain?
- Arthritis Isn't for the Weak
- Infertility In the West Is Becoming An Increasing Problem
- Which is the safer consumption of pill- oral or vaginal administration?
- 5 Common Types Of Arthritis
- What is Lortab?
- How Can Cannabis Help People With Multiple Sclerosis?
- 6 Ways to Find the Best Pediatrician for Your Kids- JPCKIDS
- Eat Right to Beat Cancer with Diet
- ADHD Medications – Are You Getting The Full Story And Giving Your Child The Best Possible Treatment?
- How this New Medical Device Could Help Save a Hundred Thousand American Lives Annually
- What Is CBD?
- Dental tourism in Vietnam: Safe or not?
- What you need to know before traveling to Vietnam for dental care
- #1 Home Remedy To Typhoid And Malaria