Relief is Spelled D-O-C-T-O-R
- Author Jeremy Smith
- Published April 14, 2011
- Word count 430
The human body is a marvel of blood vessels, organs, muscles and cells all working in perfect synchronization with each other. However, sometimes one of these components malfunctions and needs the care of a licensed doctor. Physicians can specialize in certain areas of human health, such as neurologists for the central nervous system or dermatologists for disorders of the skin. Whatever the problem is, there will be a doctor who is an expert in that certain kind of disorder.
When it becomes necessary to find a doctor in Virginia, there are many resources available which can be of assistance, such as internet sites or the telephone directory. Depending on the type if illness, a medical specialist may be necessary to call and make an appointment with. For women, certain internal problems may arise which require the attention of gynecologists in Virginia. Gynecologists specialize in disorders of the female reproductive organs, such as menstruation difficulties, urinary tract infections, polyps and birth control. Gynecologists also perform pap smears which can detect the presence of sexually transmitted diseases or certain forms of cancer. It is important for a woman's health to begin having pap smears at 21 years of age, and every two years after that. This simple test examines cells taken directly from a woman's cervix, which can indicate the presence of precancerous conditions or abnormal cell growth. All gynecologists in Virginia are licensed to perform pap smears and other procedures related to female reproductive health. Pap smears are preformed in the doctor's office and are painless, taking only around thirty minutes to complete.
When something is occurring within the body and a doctor is unable to directly observe it, then a diagnostic radiologist is asked to interpret various x-ray pictures that have been taken of a patient. These would include mammograms for breast screenings, sonograms of pregnant women and CT scans for abnormalities of tissues and bones. Diagnostic radiologists also read nuclear medicine scans which are meant to identify all sorts of internal problems by injecting harmless amounts of radioactive isotopes into the bloodstream. Great Falls diagnostic radiologists also specialize in angiography, pediatric radiology and cardiovascular radiology. Other medical technology which diagnostic radiologists utilize is fluoroscopy, which takes images of the digestive system and MRI, or magnetic resonance imaging that can take detailed pictures of tissue abnormalities.
Maintaining excellent health depends on the expertise and experience of thousands of doctors in the United States. Physicians who specialize in certain parts of the body and their correlating disorders are often required to intervene when health complications arise which are difficult to readily diagnose.
Author is a freelance copywriter. For more information about gynecologists in Virginia, please visit http://www.lifescript.com/doctor-directory/index.aspx.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- What to do when you have a Toothache
- Super Vidalista
- Clinical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well
- What Are Uses, Doses And Side Effects Of Xenical
- Save Thousands by Getting Veneers Done in Colombia
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Bone Regeneration: All You Need to Know
- What Is Dilaudid?
- What Is Diazepam?
- Benefits And Uses Of CBD Oil
- CBD and Fitness: A Match Made in Heaven?
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Daily Routine
- Does the rain on the plain increase your pain?
- Arthritis Isn't for the Weak
- Infertility In the West Is Becoming An Increasing Problem
- Which is the safer consumption of pill- oral or vaginal administration?
- 5 Common Types Of Arthritis
- What is Lortab?
- How Can Cannabis Help People With Multiple Sclerosis?
- 6 Ways to Find the Best Pediatrician for Your Kids- JPCKIDS
- Eat Right to Beat Cancer with Diet
- ADHD Medications – Are You Getting The Full Story And Giving Your Child The Best Possible Treatment?
- How this New Medical Device Could Help Save a Hundred Thousand American Lives Annually
- What Is CBD?
- Dental tourism in Vietnam: Safe or not?
- What you need to know before traveling to Vietnam for dental care
- #1 Home Remedy To Typhoid And Malaria
- Fight Nervousness with CBD
- Nosebleed in Children