Student Resources in UK Universities and Colleges
- Author Dr Rosemary Skordoulis
- Published August 31, 2011
- Word count 449
The amount of resources supplied to International students who wish to study in UK colleges will vary dramatically from place to place, so it is worth making enquiries to each of your short-listed colleges before deciding.
Other principal college resources, in addition to the library and IT services, which need to be researched when comparing speculative colleges, are the quality of Lecturers and Academic services provided.
UK Higher Education Institutions
The quality of teaching and assessment methods in UK Higher Education have a strong reputation around the world.
All lecturers in British Universities are required to teach according to strict quality standards aimed at creating accessibility for all to study in UK Higher Education, and in particular for International students.
It is essential for qualified lecturers to be able to accommodate learners from diverse backgrounds by adjusting their teaching methods.
In addition to having a teaching qualification, it is important to check that lecturers have a relevant and up-to-date professional background in their subject area so that they are familiar with developments in industry, and perhaps even provide live links for their students.
Lecturer and Student Contact Periods
Verify the amount of time students are allocated to meet with lecturers on a 1 to 1 basis included within your course.
Limited opportunity to speak with lecturers on a 1 to 1 basis due to an excessively high volume of students can be a common cause of complaint from badly informed students who study in UK colleges.
Certainly it would be beneficial to check with your college whether they restrict the number of pupils in each class as this will give a rough indication of the amount of lecturer pupil contact time available.
Your study in UK Higher Education may be enhanced by the provision of Study Skills training by the college you have chosen.
Study Skills support, which addresses specialist topics such as essay writing, researching and referencing, may be provided as part of an introductory programme at the start of your course, or offered alongside your course as and when you require supervision.
English Language Support
If English is not your native tongue, you may wish to utilize any English language support services offered by your college to supplement your course.
Make sure you are clear about the type of language support offered by your college as Institutions may vary by offering either English language as an additional assessed module, or as optional drop in supervision sessions to complement your main course of study.
In preparation for making that final decision on your choice of college in which to study in the UK, ensure that you receive sufficient proof of the resources which the college is presenting.
Dr Rosemary Skordoulis written many articles about the abroad education to help the students who wants to study in UK. Not only UK these articles are useful for the International students. If you plan to study in london please visit http://www.lsbm.org.uk/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What Are the Most Common Errors When Proofreading an Essay?
- Cyber Security Certifications the New Frontier in the IT
- 10 Benefits of Working While Studying
- Want to Study Abroad? Check out the pros and cons of studying abroad!
- Urgent Finance Assignment Help
- How much Assignment Help is necessary for a student?
- Are you struggling to write an academic essay?
- Why quantitative analysis is the master key to a successful thesis
- Get Statistics Assignment Help Online
- Get Statistics Assignment Help
- Top 10 tips on how to combine your part-time work and studies in the UK
- Speculations on a Quantum Model of Gravity
- How To Avoid Plagiarism (Copy And Paste) In Research Writing
- What Is Research?
- The Most Effective Method To Choose A Good Project Topic
- Progressive IT universities in USA
- What is Free and Fair Election?
- How To Write A Final Year Research Project or Dissertation
- Academic Writing Tips - How to Write a Book Report for College Level
- The Difference between Online and Traditional Classes
- Risk management
- Do Current Law Students Need: Remedial Study; and Different External Bar Preparation?
- Proofreading Your Assignment
- Should I visit the College?
- Examples Of Economics Thesis and Dissertation Topic Ideas for American Students
- Selecting a psychology degree program - the Ph.D, Ed.D, Psy.D and Ed.S
- Is Global Education Accessible to Asian Students?
- Ways to do stress-free coursework writing
- How to find a job right out of University
- Choose the Best Marketing Dissertation Topic Using 3 Tricks