Find the right college roommate, find college success
- Author Adalson Abbot
- Published October 10, 2011
- Word count 406
Leaving home for college is always an exciting time for many freshmen as they imagine what the place will look like and how their lives will change once they get there. College is usually associated with freedom and reckless abandon to do anything and everything that you might want to do. However, it should be clearly noted that the main objective for attending college is so that you can gain an education that will help you in your future life.
There are many freshmen who come to college with an attitude of learning and improving themselves and others are just out to have fun. If you are serious about your school work and you have a roommate who is not the least bothered with their studies then that might be a source of conflict between the two of you.
It is therefore important to set ground rules with your roommate on how you will be living together so that you know each other’s preferences beforehand. These rules should include your time schedules, sleeping patterns as well as reading schedules so that you respect each other’s time.
In case you have to use the room at a time that your roommate is scheduled to be reading or engaged in any activity in the room then you should inform them in advance. This will enable your roommate to make other plans like reading in the library or having group discussions with friends.
Involve your roommate in the activities or academic courses that you have in common so that you are able to get to know each other better. You might find that an academic challenge that might be troubling you might be easily solved by your roommate.
If possible, you can select a roommate from one of your friends who you were close to in high school especially if both of you were serious with your studies. This will enable you to eliminate any roommates that might lean more towards fun activities than studies.
Finally, use college finder sites to find a college roommate based on their interests and values. When you meet a college roommate in one of these social networks you are able to ask them questions that will help you know more about their priorities. This will allow you to choose a roommate that will give you an atmosphere that allows you to study and leave college with a degree after many years.
There are no posted comments.
- How to write an assignment when you're at University level?
- What Are the Most Common Errors When Proofreading an Essay?
- Cyber Security Certifications the New Frontier in the IT
- 10 Benefits of Working While Studying
- Want to Study Abroad? Check out the pros and cons of studying abroad!
- Urgent Finance Assignment Help
- How much Assignment Help is necessary for a student?
- Are you struggling to write an academic essay?
- Why quantitative analysis is the master key to a successful thesis
- Get Statistics Assignment Help Online
- Get Statistics Assignment Help
- Top 10 tips on how to combine your part-time work and studies in the UK
- Speculations on a Quantum Model of Gravity
- How To Avoid Plagiarism (Copy And Paste) In Research Writing
- What Is Research?
- The Most Effective Method To Choose A Good Project Topic
- Progressive IT universities in USA
- What is Free and Fair Election?
- How To Write A Final Year Research Project or Dissertation
- Academic Writing Tips - How to Write a Book Report for College Level
- The Difference between Online and Traditional Classes
- Risk management
- Do Current Law Students Need: Remedial Study; and Different External Bar Preparation?
- Proofreading Your Assignment
- Should I visit the College?
- Examples Of Economics Thesis and Dissertation Topic Ideas for American Students
- Selecting a psychology degree program - the Ph.D, Ed.D, Psy.D and Ed.S
- Is Global Education Accessible to Asian Students?
- Ways to do stress-free coursework writing
- How to find a job right out of University