Accounting Degrees and Expected Salaries
- Author Andrew Sowden
- Published October 18, 2011
- Word count 405
Changing financial laws and tougher monitoring of a company's finances means the Bureau of Labor Statistics expects much faster than the national average long-term job growth for accountants and auditors from 2008 to 2018. In addition, most of these new jobs will require at least a bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field.
As a new business launches, accountants and auditors should be required to set up books, prepare taxes, and provide management advice. There is a wide number of options available where you can study accounting courses online and obtain job skills to prepare for a career in accounting practices.
BS Accounting Degree Features
Most web-based programs are designed so that you can pursue your educational goals entirely online, at any time of day or night. You will most likely work closely with professors who are experienced in accounting and who are dedicated to help you gain a solid background in economics, finance, management, law, information systems, quantitative methods, and taxes. Other features of accounting degrees help you in the use of financial reporting of business applications, plus they improve your communication skills, teamwork and decision making, while getting a strong work ethic and practical experience.
How Much Can You Expect To Get Paid?
As there is currently strong demand for Accountants and Finance professionals, graduates can earn good salaries as soon as they graduate. Experience and Education are the two main attributes all companies and employers look at before employing someone. A person with a good educational record will be able to get a job with increased responsibility and higher salary. Position, business, and location are the three central issues in setting starting salaries. Without a degree it is hard to get an entry-level job, decreasing your options and lowering your chances to progress up in a company. Most entry-level roles require a Bachelor’s Degree and the starting salary is about $38,000.
Those who have already gained their Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting may want to move on and earn their Master’s Degree in Accounting to make their chances of landing a senior position higher. Salaries for these positions generally start at around $45,000 to $62,000. Dependent on the number of years of experience that the candidate has, some positions can have salaries up to $125,000.
Accounting is like all other industries. More education will increase salary and responsibility. If you are contemplating the accounting field, make sure you speak to your career counselor for guidance.
There are no posted comments.
- What Are the Most Common Errors When Proofreading an Essay?
- Cyber Security Certifications the New Frontier in the IT
- 10 Benefits of Working While Studying
- Want to Study Abroad? Check out the pros and cons of studying abroad!
- Urgent Finance Assignment Help
- How much Assignment Help is necessary for a student?
- Are you struggling to write an academic essay?
- Why quantitative analysis is the master key to a successful thesis
- Get Statistics Assignment Help Online
- Get Statistics Assignment Help
- Top 10 tips on how to combine your part-time work and studies in the UK
- Speculations on a Quantum Model of Gravity
- How To Avoid Plagiarism (Copy And Paste) In Research Writing
- What Is Research?
- The Most Effective Method To Choose A Good Project Topic
- Progressive IT universities in USA
- What is Free and Fair Election?
- How To Write A Final Year Research Project or Dissertation
- Academic Writing Tips - How to Write a Book Report for College Level
- The Difference between Online and Traditional Classes
- Risk management
- Do Current Law Students Need: Remedial Study; and Different External Bar Preparation?
- Proofreading Your Assignment
- Should I visit the College?
- Examples Of Economics Thesis and Dissertation Topic Ideas for American Students
- Selecting a psychology degree program - the Ph.D, Ed.D, Psy.D and Ed.S
- Is Global Education Accessible to Asian Students?
- Ways to do stress-free coursework writing
- How to find a job right out of University
- Choose the Best Marketing Dissertation Topic Using 3 Tricks