Interesting Characters In Grey's Anatomy Season 6 And Other Seasons
- Author Michael Zhu
- Published September 14, 2011
- Word count 767
The medical sphere continues to be a riveting background for a television show. Likewise, the widely popular medical drama Grey's Anatomy has succeeded in keeping viewers glued to the screen. Each season brings something mesmerizing to the screen and Grey's Anatomy Season 6 remains a favorite season amongst fans.
The show, which was created by Shonda Rhimes, features an eclectic mix of up-and-coming interns at the Seattle Grace Mercy West Hospital. The first season primarily revolves around interns Meredith Grey (Ellen Pompeo), Christina Yang (Susan Oh), Izzie Stevens (Katherine Heigl), and George O'Malley (T. R Knight). Interestingly enough, the title of the show refers to both character Meredith Grey and the well known medical textbook Gray's Anatomy by Henry Gray.
The show follows these interns and other hospital residents as they try to juggle their demanding careers and relationships. This series, which premiered in March 2005, has been successful from the get-go. Unlike other shows, the first season already attracted large numbers of viewers. The season finale recorded over twenty-two million viewers.
The first episodes do not merely focus on the interns though. Attending physicians Dr. Shepherd (Patrick Dempsey) and Dr. Burke (Isaiah Washington) bring intrigue and drama into the show as well. Derek Shepherd specializes in neurosurgery while Preston Burke specializes in cardiothoracic surgery. Dempsey was nicknamed Dr. McSteamy soon after the first episode aired. Both doctors become romantically involved in the first few episodes.
It is not long before sparks are flying between Meredith and Derek, and Preston and Cristina. These entertaining characters have audience members hooked after the first few episodes. The show has been so successful that a spin-off series, Private Practice, was launched in 2007 and this show already has four seasons behind its name. Private Practice revolves around redhead Addison Montgomery and is superbly played by Kate Walsh.
This character re-opens a lot of old wounds when she makes her entrance at the Seattle Grace Hospital during the second installment of Grey's Anatomy. During the second season, the cast is also joined by gorgeous-looking Mark Sloane (played by Eric Dane). With the appearance of these two characters, the plot thickens inevitably. The sparks begin to fly when it is revealed that Addison returned to Seattle to make amends with estranged husband Derek.
Their relationship turned sour when Addison cheated on Derek with his then best friend Mark. Addison wishes to put the past behind them and reunite with Derek. Things are not so clear-cut for Derek who is confused when his wife returns. His relationship with Meredith also comes to an abrupt end. It is easy to see why the second and third seasons received even higher ratings than the first. This is also where numerous awards came in.
In 2006, Grey's Anatomy won the Golden Globe Award for the Best Television Series Drama. It has also been nominated for an Emmy in 2006 and 2007 respectively for Outstanding Drama Series. Up to date, the program has won three Emmy awards as well. Last year, the show was in the top five highest earning shows in America of 2010. Because of continuing success, the series has now been renewed for an eight season. Some of the actors, however, have stated that this might be their last.
The third part of the show continues to fascinate and entertain audience members alike. Addison eventually leaves and an interesting twist comes in the form of new intern Lexie Grey. Lexie, Meredith's younger sister, decides to do her internship at this hospital after their mother dies. However, she leaves the hospital soon after. This part also features a heartbreaking finale in which Burke leaves Cristina at the altar.
In the fourth season, more characters are introduced in the forms of Owen Kent and Arizona Robbins. The melodrama does not stop here. Owen gallantly tries to replace the place Burke had in Cristina's heart. Just when viewers thought the story could not be more enthralling, George O'Malley dies and a failed relationship causes Izzie's departure. It is also around this time that Seattle Grace merges with Mercy West. This is only a build-up to the finale episode, which rocked the hospital to the core.
In the Grey's Anatomy Season 6 finale, a nail-biting episode sees two doctors (Charles Percy and Reed Adamson) dying after a shocking hospital shooting drama. Viewers simply could not wait for the following episode. The next part of the show sees Meredith becoming entangled in an ethical dilemma, which causes problems between her and Derek's relationship. Viewers anxiously await the next installment, as the question on every one's lips is whether lovebirds Derek and Meredith will get their happy ending.
Michael Zhu is an expert author. He has written many articles in various interesting DVD Movies stories like Dexter Seasons 1-5, friends, One Tree Hill Seasons. For more information about Criminal Minds Seasons DVD Box Sets, please contact with us.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Where to Watch Kimi No Na Wa Online (Your Name)
- FREE BEGINNER GUITAR FAST TRACK - Learn Guitar Basics Online
- The Complete Guide to Makoto Shinkai's Best Movies
- Untold facts about Whitney Scott Mathers, Eminem's adopted Daughter
- The Reason why Irina Shayk Hates Lady Gaga
- 7 Things You Must Know About Robert Downey Jr
- 5 Best Kids Anime
- Top 5 High School Romance Anime Every Otaku Must See
- Gangster Films
- Twisted a.k.a. Psycho ex-girlfriend FIlm Review
- Joker (2019): an affresco of madness
- The Reasons Why Video Marketing Must Be The Next Step In Your Business
- Tenki No Ko: Weathering With You Glossary — Characters, Release Dates, Synopsis, Trailers
- Drone Aerial Filming of Downton Abbey The Movie (release date 13/09/19 UK)
- If Tom Cruise wet the bed last night, is Roger Ebert's review of Minority Report still valid?
- Superman Returns (2006) review: good teaches evil to believe in itself
- Nocturnal Animals review: experiences that come to life, so that they can reject themselves
- I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997): film review
- The true meaning of The Phantom Menace, and why it failed
- The Sentinel (1977): review
- If Halloween 6 won Best Picture, in 1996, would mathematics have been decimated?
- The Last Jedi review (a remake of Tom Ford's Nocturnal Animals)
- Annabelle Creation: an analysis
- The Grand Opening of Aquaman
- Getting ready for the Avengers Infinity Wars premier
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Freesat
- MCU, DCU Role Reversal 2020
- Canadian Film Tax Incentives – Still In The Game
- The Importance of Film Tax Incentives Today
- Feeling Luck Punks? Hollywood's Hard Men