Treating Lower Back Pain with Acupuncture
- Author Christina Marino
- Published November 22, 2011
- Word count 554
Acupuncture is a form of Chinese medicine that encourages natural lower back pain relief while healing and improving body functions. This treatment is administered by insertion and manipulation of hair thin needles into the body and by applying electric stimulation at particular acupuncture points. This procedure is widely used today in the west as a solution for pain relief for the back.
How the procedure works
The typical Chinese medicine explanation for acupuncture is that is relays energy in regular modes through and over the body’s surface. These channels act like streams of water flowing through the body to hydrate and nourish the cells and tissues. A hindrance to the free movement of the energies behaves like a blocked dam. These channels can be influenced by inserting needles that help unblock the "dam" blockages and reinstate the regular flow of energies through the channels. This procedure helps correct imbalances in digestion, energy production activities, absorption, and the overall energy circulation through the channels.
It is scientifically explained that acupuncture needle points stimulate the nervous system releasing chemicals to the muscles of the spinal cord and brain resulting in pain relief for the back. The chemicals work by changing the whole pain experience or trigger the release of other hormones and chemicals that influence the body’s internal regulating system. In the end, the body’s natural healing abilities are enhanced promoting ones overall well being.
Conditions best suited to treat with acupuncture
The procedure is performed by specially trained practitioners either as stand alone form of treatment or in combination with other methods of treating lower back pain. This treatment influences three major areas of an individual’s health; these include illness prevention, treatment of various conditions and promotion of the overall health.
This treatment is related to lower back pain control while it has broader medical applications that can be explained in clearer details by an acupuncture practitioner. These are:
Menstrual, urinary, and reproductive disorders
Respiratory conditions like sore throat, sinusitis, bronchitis, recurrent chest infections, and asthma
Digestive tract conditions like , diarrhea, spastic, colon gastritis, and hyper-acidity
Muscular and neurological disorders that include headaches, neck pains, lower back pain frozen shoulder, facial tics, sciatica, osteoarthritis, tennis elbow, and various forms of tendinitis.
Emotional and tension related physical problems.
Benefits in pain relief for the back
When one is looking for pain relief for the back, then they may consider acupuncture which has a track record running over 2000 years. The procedure relaxes the body muscles relieving lower back pain while stimulating the body to heal itself. Daily stresses accrued to the body through lack of exercise trauma and poor diet weaken the immune system leaving one susceptible to illnesses and bodily pains and aches. Acupuncture helps in improving blood circulation removing blockages to the affected areas that are functioning insufficiently and easing lower back pain.
Pregnancy discomfort consisting of pelvic and lower back pain are also treated effectively with acupuncture. Studies have shown that about 25% of pregnant women seek medical attention for lower back pain related to pregnancy. The basic treatment given that may include physical therapy has proved to be effective in relieving lower back pain during pregnancy and after delivery. Acupuncture is a great alternative to conventional treatments for pain relief for the back and has very limited risks to it.
Visit our Website:www.alternativehealthcareconcepts.com
Christina Marino is a Doctor of Acupuncture and Chinese medicine. She is a California Board License Acupuncturist and Chinese herbalist. She holds a doctor’s degree from the Oregon College of Oriental medicine, and received her master’s from Emperor’s College of Traditional Chinese medicine in Santa Monica. There she earned top honors and received numerous accolades.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 10 Benefits of a Folding Mobility Scooter
- Unlocking the Potential: A Guide on Utilizing Bulk HHC Distillate
- Bio-Resonance and Children's Health
- Ibuprofen: A Quick and Effective Solution for Lower Back Pain Relief
- THE NEUROSCIENTIFIC FOUNDATIONS OF DECISION MAKING: Well-Being in Patients with Anxiety Disorder and Depression
- Urgent Primary Care: Your Lifeline in Critical Moments
- 10 Great Reasons To Try Chinese Medicine Acupuncture for Fertility
- The Vital Role of Audience Understanding in Healthcare Marketing
- Cataracts: Clouding of Vision
- How to get a medical marijuana card online in Ohio
- Why live a Holistic Lifestyle?
- IMMUNOLOGICAL FACTORS AND TESTING IN REPRODUCTIVE FAILURE (IVF trials and miscarriages)
- The Role of NK Cell Activation in unexplained Infertility, Miscarriages, and Failed In Vitro Fertilization
- Reproductive Coercion Has Impacted 50% Of Women Age 18-44, Suggests New Poll
- Panadol the ultimate pain relief
- Advancing Cardiac Care: The Role of EKG in Diagnosing Heart Conditions
- Eyelashes Strengthening After Extension Using Careprost
- Understanding the Importance of Preventative Care for Adults and Seniors.
- “Delivering a mother with footling breech baby in an ambulance
- Unleash Your Maximum Potential with Aizen Power Male Enhancement Pills
- Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery
- Is Modafinil really a Smart Medicine
- Take Charge of Your Health: A Guide to Preventing Diabetes
- HOME DOCTOR: PRACTICAL MEDICINE FOR EVERY HOUSEHOLD
- Buy ativan Online Overnight Delivery
- Medical Abortion Process and Controversies Around It
- The Healing Power of Large Scale Wall Decorations in Medical Institutions
- How is osteoarthritis of the big toe joint treated?
- The potential benefits of psychedelic mushrooms for mental health treatment.
- When to Step in: Signs That Aging Parents Need Help