Strength Training Will Help You Achieve Your Weight Reduction Goals
- Author April Kocher
- Published December 17, 2011
- Word count 674
Strength training is a form of exercise where you produce more muscle. Producing muscle will help you lose weight because having more muscle raises your metabolism. For every pound of muscle you have, you incinerate between 7 and 15 calories per day while at rest. Most people will gain 2 to 5 pounds of muscle from strength training. So your at least incinerating 30 calories per day (3 pounds of muscle x 10 calories incinerated per pound). This adds up to 10950 calories incinerated a year (30 x 365). You need to incinerate 3500 calories in order to lose 1 pound of fat, so if you take 10950/3500=3 pounds. You will lose at least 3 pounds of fat per year while at rest. In addition to this, you'll burn even more calories while strength training aiding you even further to lose weight. Besides all of this, you will also get in shape and become stronger.
For strength training to be the most effective & to get the most out of it, you want to incinerate as many calories & produce as much muscle as you can in the least amount of time. The type of strength training that is most effective for making muscle and incinerating the most calories is the kind that works more than one muscle group at one time. Here are some exercises you can do that work at least two muscle groups.
Squats with arms extended on sides - Stand with your feet a little wider than shoulder width and arms lifted up and out at your side with a slight bend in your elbows. Keep your arms lifted up and out during this whole exercise. Now lower your body until your thighs are parallel with the floor keeping your arms extended and in line with the floor. Then lift your body back to the starting position by pushing up with your legs, with arms still extended with a slight bend at your elbows. Repeat. Do 15 repetitions. This builds the muscles in your arms and thighs. For an even better workout try this exercise with 3 to 5 pound dumbbells to work the arms.
Do pushups with one leg extended - Do a set of ten with left leg extended. Then do another set of ten with the right leg lifted up. This works the upper arms, thigh, butt, and abdominal muscles.
Walking lounges with bicep curls - With right leg in front of you and left leg behind you and arms at your sides with 5 pound dumbbells in your hands, lower your body until your right thigh is parallel with floor. While holding this position do an arm curl by bending elbows to bring lower arms up to shoulders then lower arms back down again. Then lift your body back up by pushing with your legs. Then put left leg in front of you and right leg behind you and repeat. Do ten repetitions. This strengthens the thighs, butt and upper arms.
Bicep curl with dumbbells and one leg extended - While standing extend left leg up and tighten the stomach and butt muscles. With left leg lifted up and out, take two 5 pound dumbbells in each hand and hold parallel to sides of body. Then lift and bend both elbows and bring lower arms in line to chest, then lower arms back down until in line to sides of body again. Do ten repetitions. Then switch sides with right leg extended and 5 pound dumbbells in both hands. Do another ten repetitions. This builds the upper arms and butt muscles.
Do these exercises as well as other strength exercises such as sit ups, crunches etc. for 20 to 30 minutes, 3 times a week. By doing these exercises you will develop lean muscle and burn fat. In time you will begin to see a lean, toned body. You will also feel great and have more energy. Before doing any strenuous exercise be sure to check with your physician to make sure you are healthy enough to do them. Also be sure to warm up before exercising and cool down after exercising. I wish you much success for your weight loss.
April Kocher is a proud affiliate of Wealth Creations Network. April Kocher is passionate about helping people lose weight, and create wealth for themselves. Wealth Creations Network is your zero out of pocket way to creating wealth. So what are you waiting for? Sign up now and start to make money online.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Reinforcing Positive Change
- Slump Busting
- Easy Weight Loss
- 8 Tips to Enjoy a More Wholesome Diet For Rapid Belly Fat Loss
- Natural Diet Pills that Induce Weight Loss
- Buy Xenical Online- Best Weight Loss Prescription Drugs
- Natural Rapid Weight Loss Diet Pills
- 5 Methods To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: Hips, Kicks & Sides
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: 3 Ab-Strengthening Workouts
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: Basic Ways To Lose Weight Through Exercise & Diet
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: The Victory Stretch
- Eliminate Negative Thoughts And Lose Weight
- The Flat Belly Fix
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: Burpees
- Quarantine Up
- 4 Most Effective Foods that Burn Stubborn Belly Fat Fast
- How to Lose Weight With Green Tea Fast and No Risk?
- Your muscles is your power and beauty!
- 7 Natural Ways To Lose Your Belly Fat
- 3 Big Diet Mistakes You May Be Making
- The Best Way To Get Sexy Female Abs
- 7 Health Pointers for the Fitness Women
- Best Diet Plan to Loose Weight
- The Powerful Keto Fat Burning Diet
- How to Know the Authentic Fat Loss Diet Pills
- 4 Simple Ways To Stay Motivated For Women
- Impact of Combining Hemp Oil on the Keto Diet
- What is H.I.I.T., the One Minute Weight Loss Routine?
- How to Benefit from Keto Meal Plan