Food Dehydrator, Why Your Family Needs One For Optimal Health Today
- Author Mark Egan
- Published December 23, 2011
- Word count 541
With today’s recession looming ever longer and no real end in sight, family’s food budgets are stretched to the max. We are all looking for cheaper sources for healthy food. The problem is, cheap and healthy are two goals that just do not seem to fit together in the marketplace, until now…enter stage right…the food dehydrator. Food dehydration has been around in one form or another for centuries. Due to the world wide economic meltdown food dehydrators are once again gaining popularity. The reasons vary from economics to a family friendly activity.
Let’s say that for one reason or another you have come across a large amount of fruits or veggies. Maybe you have an overabundance from your backyard garden or a local farmer is offering a great deal for u-pick produce. Either way, you find yourself with way too much of a spoilable commodity. For a small, one time investment in a kitchen food dehydrator you can take all of this produce, dehydrate and store it indefinitely for a fraction of the cost of freezing. According to experts from Brigham Young University’s Department of Nutrition, Dietetics and Food Science, food that is dehydrated and stored properly can last up to 30 years.
A Dehydrator can do all of this while at the same time maintaining virtually all of the nutrient and fiber value. Your kitchen dehydrator will do this by removing 75% of the moisture from the produce. Freezing is an option but as you may know, not all produce freezes efficiently. Freezing these same fruits or veggies may be wrought with problems such as…sure you can freeze it but will it be edible when thawed? With food dehydration, anything is a possible candidate and most dehydrator enthusiasts will agree that once eaten the dehydrated foods literally explode with vibrant flavor in your mouth.
Once again, economic times have forced families to find alternative activities and entertainment. Theme parks and vacations have taken a back seat to family nights and "stay"cations. Parents are actively seeking fun, entertaining and educational activities to stay connected to their kids and hopefully teach them something in between. What better way to keep your kids engaged and interested in the world around them than to teach them how they can use the food dehydrator to make great tasting fruit leather rolls. Or also, how they can make their own dehydrated snack foods for that big family hike on the weekends. Your food dehydrator can become a valuable tool for bringing families together using a fun, safe and educational teaching tool.
Whether you are using it as an economic way to stretch the tightening food budget or as a way to make lasting family memories your food dehydrator may just be the wisest investment you will ever make.
Stay tuned for future articles where we will talk about how to choose just the right food dehydrator for you and your family's needs. From box units to cylindrical column machines we will sort through and make sense of all the choices. In more upcoming articles we will also discuss the benefits, controversies and uses of health and wellness kitchen machines such as juicers, yogurt makers, blenders and even ice cream makers.
Mark Egan lives on the West coast of Florida and enjoys all the benefits of this regions year round sunshine. An avid believer in optimum personal fitness, Mark stays in constant shape by swimming, bike riding and working out daily in his home gym. For over 30 years Mark has been founder, and president of his health and wellness corporation which included a chain of full service natural food retail stores. For more info. see www.eFoodDehydratorsPlus.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Kitchener Meat Grinder Features - What to Look For
- What is The Purpose of Food Testing?
- The role of flax seeds in disease prevention
- How to Storage Loose Leaf Tea
- What Are The Common Foods That Causes Food Allergies
- The Rise of Pop-Up Restaurants and Bars
- Why does Pu-erh tea select Yunnan big leaf
- Differences between raw pu-erh and cooked
- Bagel Sliced Bread
- Henderson County Vineyards
- What to have for Dinner
- How meat re placers affect the beef industry.
- Creative Cakes: Mint, Cookies and Cream!
- Why Vegetarian?
- Best Places to Eat Pizza
- Using modern cleaning systems to increase beer line cleaning intervals
- A True Chicago Dining Experience
- Wellington and York Partners: Food Products You Shouldn’t Miss in Switzerland
- 10 difference between US and Italian pizza
- Build your own pizza to make it healthy and nutritious
- Natural Mineral Water An Elixir For Dehydration
- Choose Natural Mineral Water- Choose Your Health
- The Benefits of Eating Grass-fed Beef and Pastured Pork
- 10 Drinks to avoid when you’re 40
- Setting the Record straight on Meat Health
- Almond oil and its properties
- Use Water Dispensers and Routines to Lose Weight
- 3 Common Issues with a Water Cooler Dispenser
- 4 Great Food Options for Overcoming Hunger Pangs When Dieting
- Aussie Natural Spring Water