Designing and Creating a Cosy Home
- Author Artur Cosicov
- Published January 22, 2012
- Word count 443
There truly is no better place to be than at home, surrounded by your very own creature comforts. For some, a stark minimalistic home might be the ideal environment to relax; for others a cosy home full of knick-knacks and walls filled with photographs and paintings is more ideal. Whatever your taste in interior taste, you do not have to be a top designer to create the perfect home that suits you.
I personally prefer a clutter-free environment, although I also like a home with a warm cosy feel. A tidy but homely interior can be created by using the right colours, fabrics and furniture. Soft neutral colours on the walls always work well for me, as I like to add colour and texture with colourful soft furnishings. A plain sofa can be livened up with a textured throw and big soft brightly coloured cushions, and a brightly coloured rug looks fabulous on a plain wooden floor. Keeping a tidy home is also important, so purchase space saving furniture; a tall book case and shelving on the walls to display your books and curios will create a clutter-free, pleasant environment.
Wall-covering on just one wall in a room, using colourful wallpaper, can create a bold, dramatic effect. By papering just one wall means that you can maybe afford to purchase high quality expensive wallpaper that will add a real touch of class to a room. Choose a wall for this focal point, for example the fireplace or the wall with your bed-head and maybe pick out a neutral colour in the pattern and paint the other walls in this shade.
Lighting is also very important when trying to create a cosy, homely feel. Try to avoid bright lights and opt for softer forms of lighting which can be achieved in many ways. The use of lampshades creates a homelier feel, and up-lighters can create a softer mood. The use of mirrors can reflect light to help create the illusion of more space. A large mirror opposite a wallpapered wall will reflect both the pattern and light. Remember to consider the finish on your paint too as a more shiny finish will reflect more light. If you are looking for a surface without too much glare, chose a paint with a matt finish.
Creating the perfect home interior that suits you, need not be expensive. Shop around on the Internet for great deals and ideas and in no time you can achieve that interior designer feel. Your home environment is very important for your well-being, so choose well, include your every day comforts and do not be afraid to be bold with your designs!
There are no posted comments.
- A Great Collection of Children's Bronze Sculptures | NIFAO.COM
- Stunning stainless steel tiles for backsplash
- The unique beauty of backsplash tiles
- Furniture Ideas for Small Space
- Exquisite and Custom Interior Design With a Professional Company
- How to arrange your bathroom?
- 3 Things I Love About Cabin Decor
- Sophisticated Cabin Decor Ideas
- Home Décor and Functional Utilization Ideas with Hallway Benches
- Guest Bedroom Decoration Ideas
- A Rug Adds a Touch of Beauty to Your Room
- Five Design Ideas For Your Living Room
- Top 10 Bohemian Décor Ideas
- Why Having A Great Office Interior Design Matters
- How to Feminize Your Cabin Decor
- The Lazy Man’s Guide to Cabin Decor
- Guaranteed No Stress Cabin Decor
- Enhance your night's sleep: Tips on the 8 best fabrics for duvet covers
- Hottest Wedding Trends for 2019
- Industrial Decor Style - 5 Ways to Incorporate This Style in Your Home
- 7 Types of Cabin Styles and Themes
- What Colors Do I Use in My Cabin Home?
- Things To Consider When Choosing School Stage Curtains
- A Short Guide to Theatre Curtains and Drapes
- How to Make Your House a Cabin, Even If It Isn’t
- 3 Things I Hate About Cabin Decor
- Tips for Choosing Dining Chairs Online
- Styling Designer Homewares
- How to Create a Great Guest Bedroom in Your Cabin Home
- How to Decorate Your Cabin to Impress your Guests