Naturally Keep Food Fresh
- Author Douglas Milam
- Published January 26, 2012
- Word count 496
How many times have we brought food and then forgotten about it only to remember it because it begins to stink? Against this, you cannot do anything, but you can ensure that your food lasts longer and keeps fresh.
There are many things you can do, such as regularly clean your refrigerator and regularly check the food in there and also that you keep in the cupboards or anywhere else. But its not just about checking them. This cannot prevent anything. All you will be doing is throwing away food items before they stink up the entire kitchen. So, what can you do to keep the food fresh?
Practical List of Tips for Ensuring Food is Cleaner and Fresher:
- Spread some cloves on and around the marble surface of your kitchen, and also spread some cloves under the sink.
The Cloves keeps ants away.
- Place some bay leaves inside your bags of dough, rice and the rest of the packs that insects prefer.
Bay leaves keep insects and other such lice away from food products. By placing bay leaves inside the packets, we ensure that insects do not reside there. But please remember to change the bay leaves once every three months.
- Place half a potato in the refrigerator.
If there is any kind of bad smell from food or cooked items, the half potato will absorb it. To make sure that this works, remember to exchange the potato every three days.
- Store eggs with the pointed side down.
Storing eggs with the pointed side down keeps them fresh for a longer period.
- Place a few cubes of sugar in the jar where you store American cheese.
When you place two or three cubes of sugar with the American cheese in an air tight jar, the sugar absorbs the moisture and prevents the cheese from getting bad.
- Do not store tomatoes and cucumbers in the same draw.
Tomatoes give out gases that cause cucumbers to rot faster so make sure that you keep these two apart.
- Do not store apples along with the rest of the fruits and vegetables.
Apples give out certain gases that cause fruits and vegetables to rot.
- Place slices of apples or raw potatoes in the bread compartment or jar.
By adding a few slices of raw potatoes or apples with the bread, you ensure that the bread remains fresh for longer than usual.
- Store radish in a vessel along with some water.
You should store radish in a vessel along with water because water will keep the radish fresh and crisp for a long time. For the same reason, if the radishes have shriveled, place them in a jar of cold water. Water will restore the radish to its previous splendor.
Here, I have presented only a few of the more practical actions you should follow to ensure that the food you and your family consume remains fresh and tasty.
I have been writing about natural health remedies for as long as I can remember. My latest articles are yeast infection treatment and high blood pressure remedies. I have some fantastic advice when it comes to treatments for all ailments.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What is The Purpose of Food Testing?
- The role of flax seeds in disease prevention
- How to Storage Loose Leaf Tea
- What Are The Common Foods That Causes Food Allergies
- The Rise of Pop-Up Restaurants and Bars
- Why does Pu-erh tea select Yunnan big leaf
- Differences between raw pu-erh and cooked
- Bagel Sliced Bread
- Henderson County Vineyards
- What to have for Dinner
- How meat re placers affect the beef industry.
- Creative Cakes: Mint, Cookies and Cream!
- Why Vegetarian?
- Best Places to Eat Pizza
- Using modern cleaning systems to increase beer line cleaning intervals
- A True Chicago Dining Experience
- Wellington and York Partners: Food Products You Shouldn’t Miss in Switzerland
- 10 difference between US and Italian pizza
- Build your own pizza to make it healthy and nutritious
- Natural Mineral Water An Elixir For Dehydration
- Choose Natural Mineral Water- Choose Your Health
- The Benefits of Eating Grass-fed Beef and Pastured Pork
- 10 Drinks to avoid when you’re 40
- Setting the Record straight on Meat Health
- Almond oil and its properties
- Use Water Dispensers and Routines to Lose Weight
- 3 Common Issues with a Water Cooler Dispenser
- 4 Great Food Options for Overcoming Hunger Pangs When Dieting
- Aussie Natural Spring Water
- Healthy Living