Tips On How To Take Care Of Electrical Appliances
- Author Alex Sanders
- Published January 26, 2012
- Word count 569
Electrical Appliances will last longer if we take proper care of it. Here are some important tips to help you know how to take proper care of electrical appliances.
ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES DIFFER in their care and it is impossible to give specific instructions for each item and make. So if you have lost your instructions, it might be a good idea to write for a new booklet. Be sure to give the manufacturer or your dealer the model number of your appliance, which is usually stamped somewhere on it. There are Houston electricians in the area to help at the drop of a dime.
FUSES ARE SAFETY GADGETS designed to cut off electric power when there is trouble in a particular circuit. The little metal wall box containing them is usually somewhere in the basement. When an electric circuit is overloaded, a strip of soft metal melts in the fuse, thus interrupting the flow of electricity. Overloading a circuit with appliances, worn cords, and defective equipment will cause blown fuses. Check these possibilities and then unscrew the broken fuse and put in a new one. Fuses screw in just like an electric bulb and are very easily replaced, but make sure that the fuse you put in is of the same amperage. The number of amperes will be stamped on the screw end of the fuse. If the new fuse blows, or if you cannot locate the trouble, call an electrician immediately.
ELECTRIC LIGHT BULBS - Consideration of cords, plugs, and circuit loads is of course elementary. So are electric light bulbs, but are you really well informed about them? To begin with, their wattage should be suited to the task they are expected to perform and if you read or work with improper light you can expect aching eyes and glasses later. Any electric power company can supply you with information about this.
KEEP LIGHT FIXTURES CLEAN. You may be careful about using the proper bulbs in your lamps and wall lights and still not be getting adequate light. If lamp bulbs, shades, and reflecting bowls are dusty and soiled you are losing a great deal of the light you are paying for. Switch the lamp off and dust the bulbs, shades, and other parts when you dust your furniture. If the bulbs and bowls have accumulated a greasy, dust-catching film, take them off and wash them. Reflecting bowls and glass shades can be washed like other glassware. Bulbs and fluorescent tubes, however, should never be immersed in water. When they are cool, clean them with a damp soapy cloth and wipe them dry. Be sure your hands are dry when you replace them.
IF BULBS AND TUBES STILL LOOK DARK after they have been cleaned, they are about to go and are giving poor light. Screw in new ones.
DISPOSE OF OLD BULBS AND TUBES carefully. In fires, they produce minor explosions. Thrown out carelessly they can cause serious cuts, especially on children. And the materials used in some fluorescent tubes may be harmful when they are broken.
Overloading a circuit with appliances, worn cords, and defective equipment will cause blown fuses. Use the electric light bulbs which the wattage suited the task they performed and make sure the keep the light fixtures clean to avoid the poor light.
Logo Electrical Services are award winning Houston Electricians, but more importantly we are certified Electricians in Houston too.
There are no posted comments.
- What is a Level 2 Electrician & Why You May Need One
- Why You Should Look Into Epoxy Coatings for Concrete
- Five Tips When Doing Kitchen Renovations in the Gold Coast
- Biomass boiler - The most important advantages of biomass boiler
- 7 Tips To Choose The Best Carpet For Your Home
- Best Ways to Move Across the Country
- How To Repair A Damaged Roof? | i5 Exteriors
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Right Bathroom Mirror for Your Home
- How Often Should I Get My Car Serviced?
- What Makes Epoxy Resin Flooring Stand Out?
- Why Epoxy Floor Coatings Are The #1 Choice For Residential Garages
- Syd Epoxy Flooring Contractors Want To Come Work For You
- The Most Common Reasons for Blocked Drains
- What are the main advantagous of epoxy flooring?
- Get the Best Epoxy Flooring Sydney
- How to secure your home with smart home technology
- Power Tool Accessories
- 5 Electrical Tips When Moving Homes
- How To Build a Quality Australian Deck
- How to make your Bathroom Renovation More Functional
- What Is The Average Cost To Epoxy Garage Floors?
- Pest Control Checklist for Every House
- 7 Reasons Why Your Drains Might Be Blocked
- What You Need to Know Before Buying a Toilet Fill Valve
- Effortless Ways To Properly Maintain Your Roof
- The Primary Uses Of Concrete
- Cleaning Up After A Renovation: What Your Best Options Are
- Couch Disposal Guide: What To Do With Unwanted Furniture
- Kitchen Remodeling Trends in Fort Collins
- 4 mistakes homeowners make when building a pergola in San Diego