Advantages of Container Gardening
- Author Marianne Droste
- Published February 12, 2012
- Word count 426
Personally, I think gardening in containers is the best thing since sliced bread! The possibilities are endless - you can create gardens of vegetables, herbs, fruit and flower! How great is that!
Household containers become garden art (recyclers rejoice). A little ingenuity you can turn items that originally were not designed as planters but have great potential into garden containers. For instance:
Big plastic party bowls (usually reserved for chips and dip) can be useful and colorful.
Large metal or plastic buckets are attractive because they are deep and wide with the added bonus of handles (easy to move).
Wire baskets (wicker is good also) - just line with plastic or moss
Large old toys like a dump truck or wagon - especially if they still have wheels.
Just one rule to follow - no matter what the material - it must have drainage holes.
As a container gardener you do have an easier time then the "traditional gardener". You can make use of the smallest of space. Smaller space means less variables to deal with. Skip the backbreaking work of tilling and adding soil amendments to the beds. Harvesting is easier - you can bring the pot to you! Almost never have weeds. Containers are mobile - regroup them into pleasing combinations and take advantage of the changing season.
What about that old saying -"location, location location"? Anyone with a speck of outdoor space can enjoy the therapeutic and rewarding pursuit of gardening. Balcony or porch, deck or patio
even front or back steps - are places to display year round interest. Fill the pots with sweet smelling plants and welcome your visitors with a heavenly aroma.It is an easy way to bring the garden closer to you! Or a window box planted with herbs - easy picking for the salad! Even out in the garden integrate garden containers into the overall scheme, fill in seasonal gaps and take advantage of specialized micro-environments. Put each container where it fits best and move it aside when it is past it’s prime.
There are many great books that can offer advice on preparing and selecting plants, choosing containers from hanging basket to window boxes and creating various themes. Books that can be a guide for anyone wishing to transform even the smallest corner with flair and confidence.
Make efficient use of your space with container gardening, where you can grow good things to eat or just look at! Even with one container and a little planning you can have a garden for all seasons!
Truly passionate about gardening - enjoy all aspects of being in the garden! I have taken my 30+years as an interior design out to the yard! Be sure to visit http://cottagegardendecor.com for some wonderful garden decorations!Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Microbial Fertilizers Plant Diseases Biocontrol
- Gardening Activities During World Quarantine
- The Best Hydroponic Growing Planters
- Benefits of having a Vertical Garden for Home, or Office
- European Water Chestnut Pond Plant
- Indoor Hydroponics; Aeroponics; Aeroculture
- How to Choose the Right Planter
- Advantages of Hydroponic Horticulture vs Soil Gardening
- 7 Top Gardening Tools You Should Own
- How You Go to Deal With Turf Installer? Here is How You Should Go.
- How to Make your Garden Bloom!
- What is the difference between a one stage and two-stage snowblower?
- A guide to snowblower operating controls
- The Sustainable Advantages of Plant Development and Breeding
- 5 Mistakes When you Water Potted Plants
- How to Make use of a Jack Stand
- How Does A Floor Jack Work?
- Understanding Perth Watering Days
- 4 Ways to Troubleshoot a Retic: Perth Expert Advice
- 4 Tips for Effective Garden Landscaping: Perth Expert Advice
- 3 Top Tips for Building Pergolas: Melbourne Expert Advice
- Building a Pergola? Choose the Right Location
- Are The Nutritional Benefits of Eating Raw Sprouted Seeds Worth the Risk of Illness?
- "Soilless," A Funny Word, but an Efficient Way to Grow Hydroponic Plants
- Landscaping Garden Design Ideas for a Small Yard
- How Your Dog Can Actually Help With Your Gardening Efforts
- 5 Tips to Buy Best Automatic Pool Covers
- How Commercial Landscaping Perth Can Help Your Business Grow
- 5 Tips To Having a Greener Lawn
- Reticulation System Care and Maintenance