- Author Cary Kyhos
- Published February 24, 2012
- Word count 386
DUI or driving under the influence has become increasingly common as state laws have become stricter. There is less tolerance for drunk driving, deservedly so. The anguish and pain caused to injured parties, their friends and families is easily avoidable. Guilty parties should be punished to the full extent of the law. The past opinion of someone who could "hold their liquor" and then drive should be eliminated.
Many people are of the opinion that a person who drinks and drives should be held to the same legal ramifications as someone who attempts murder. If someone were to take a gun and start shooting randomly into a crowd, that would lead many to believe the offender intends to do harm to innocent people. Couldn't the same be said of someone who drinks and then gets behind the wheel of a 4,000 pound bullet?
Unfortunately, many drivers are accused of DUI when in fact, they are innocent. In situations where an innocent person is accused of driving under the influence, that person needs legal assistance to avoid criminal and civil charges. DUI legal proceedings are complex and frightening and you must consult an experienced DUI attorney to negotiate the complex legal maze.
Don't deceive yourself into thinking you are solely capable of handling the DUI legal process. Driving under the influence is a serious legal offense often resulting in imprisonment, fines and financial devastation for innocent drivers.
Most states allow a blood alcohol level (BAC) of 0.08% or higher. However, you must avoid drinking and driving at all times. Many states qualify driving under the influence with just one drink even if you don't exceed a BAC of 0.08% and will prosecute you as though you are a drunk driver. One alcoholic drink can impair your cognitive abilities which may lead to an increased possibility of causing an accident.
Furthermore, you may find yourself in the middle of a situation where you need to prove an alternative reason for testing positive for driving under the influence. DUI attorneys can help you.
Drunk driving lawyers play a major role in negating prosecutions against innocent people. Individuals can test positive for high BAC levels due to mouth wash or over the counter medicines. A DUI attorney can help reduce or eliminate penalties and prove that you have not been driving while intoxicated.
DUI Attorneys - Drunk Driving Attorneyhttp://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Difference Between Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
- Forged Documents, Counterfeit Goods, Cyber Intrusion Including Identity Theft Have Become a Symbol Of Our 21st Century Culture
- Restrictions on some professions when striking
- Finding a Handwriting Expert in Canada or Handwriting Analyst is Tricky, Here's What To Look For
- A Fail-Proof Formula to Escape Drug Charges with Finest Drug Crime Lawyer
- Bike Safety Month: Tips for Cyclists and Motorists
- Covid-19 Update On Credit Cards Payment In UAE
- Know the Role of Criminal Defense Lawyer in Singapore
- Covid-19 Impact On Rental Contracts In UAE
- Impact on Working Hours during Ramadan Due to Covid-19
- All that you should know about the New Anti-Money Laundering Law
- Can Impact of Coronavirus be a Force Majeure Event?
- Multiculturalism here in Australia – a Good read for Migrants.
- How to Hire the Right Personal Injury Lawyer
- UAE joins nations monitoring Offenders through Electronic Tagging
- With the new Law in the UAE, the Prosecution Can Allow the Accused and the Victim to Settle Criminal Matters Amicably.
- Good Bye to Entangling Investigations, Minor Crimes to be Disposed within One Day in the UAE.
- Measures of UAE Ministry Of Labor To Curb Spread Of Coronavirus
- Worker's Compensation Law
- Can Employment Tribunal Cases Be Joined Together?
- Essential Factors to Consider Before Hiring German Translation Services
- 4 Signs You Need Cleaning Services
- Common Causes of Construction Site Accidents
- Preparing for an M&A
- M&A Documents
- Business Formation
- The M&A Due Diligence Process
- Indemnification in Mergers & Acquisitions Explained
- Representations & Warranties: Top Q&As for M&As