The Bhutan Middle Management Hotel Program (BMMHP) is pleased to announce the engagement of Dr. Daniel G. Fuchs (PhD)
- Author Dr. Daniel G. Fuchs
- Published April 16, 2012
- Word count 653
The Bhutan Middle Management Hotel Program (BMMHP), is pleased to announce the arrival of Professor Daniel G. Fuchs, International Hospitality Expert, Consultant, as guest lecturer and visiting professor between 13th and 17th February, 2012.
The Bhutan Middle Management Hotel Program is a small program for existing personnel of the Bhutanese hotel industry, in and around the country. This program is sponsored by Jacobs and Elysium Foundation from Switzerland and in partnership with the HWZ University of Applied Science Zurich, also based in Switzerland and is under the patronage of the Tourism Council of Bhutan. It offers the course to 30 in-service personnel of the Bhutanese hotel industry, free of cost to the candidates. This program, albeit, is offered at the Royal Institute for Tourism and Hospitality (RITH).
There are 30 participants from different hotels from Bhutan. Some are from 5 star hotels and some are from 4-2 star hotels. The participants are selected, but still have differences in their capacity to learn in the class. The backgrounds of these Middle-Management participants are primarily from Housekeeping, Front Office, F&B and Accounting.
Dr. Fuchs will give lecture in Food and Beverage Management for a week, starting from 13th -17th February 2012.
Professor Daniel G. Fuchs is very excited about his involvement with this very unique program and he is saying: "To be selected for such a prestigious and innovative program is an honor. I sincerely believe that this is right way to empower local managers to grow and develop which in turn facilitates the development of the country. This will ultimately benefit the people of Bhutan. Tourism handled and managed the right way is such an excellent engine for growth, especially when managed in a sustainable way. To visit Bhutan has been a dream of mine for a very long time and I am sure my time in the Kingdom of the Thunder Dragon will be exciting and hopefully rewarding for the participants of the program."
Dr. Urs Dürsteler, Pro-Rector HWZ University of Applied Sciences for Business Administration Zürich, Switzerland is being quoted, that this is an innovative Approach to train Bhutanese Hotel Managers.
Dr. Urs Dürsteler says:" Tourism is and will remain a very important foreign currency provider for Bhutan’s economy. The number of tourists visiting Bhutan is relatively small, but has been increasing over the last few years. In spite of the different annual growth path in the sector, the hotels and tourism provide interesting long term career opportunities for young Bhutanese, such as heads of food and beverage, front desk, accommodation, operational management, finance, recreational activities, etc. To cope with the present and future needs in the four and five star hotels, as well as to upgrade the management of family operated hotels, Bhutan needs a new generation of highly skilled local hotel managers."
As a Swiss national himself, Professor Daniel G. Fuchs is proud and honored to have been invited to join this great program and he is very thankful to the following persons, who do play a major role in this unique program and helping the Hotel and Tourism Industry of Bhutan, by educating Middle Management Staff of various Bhutanese Hotels and moving this industry forward.
Ms. Marianne Frei, President of the Society Switzerland-Bhutan (SSB) / Lecturer, Counselor and Officer for Admissions, University of Teacher Education, Zurich, Switzerland.
Prof. Dr. Urs Dürsteler, Head of Faculty for Business Administration of HWZ University of Applied Sciences, Zurich, Switzerland.
Mr. Dhurba Chhetri, Program Administrator for the Bhutan Middle Management Hotel Program at the Royal Institute for Tourism & Hospitality in Motithang, Thimphu.
As an incentive and recognition for the outstanding graduates, the Program will be sending the three best participants to Switzerland or in one of the regional countries on an exposure trip in their professional areas.
Let us hope, that future visitors of Bhutan might have an enjoyable encounter with one or the other graduate of the Bhutan Middle Management Hotel Program.
About Professor Daniel G. Fuchs:
I am a Swiss national who has been residing in Thailand for 11 years, yet traveled globally on short assignments and consulting projects. Born, raised and educated in Switzerland, with extensive American (north and south) and Asian hospitality industry and academic experience, make me an effective manager that is capable to bridge any cultural gap.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What Are the Most Common Errors When Proofreading an Essay?
- Cyber Security Certifications the New Frontier in the IT
- 10 Benefits of Working While Studying
- Want to Study Abroad? Check out the pros and cons of studying abroad!
- Urgent Finance Assignment Help
- How much Assignment Help is necessary for a student?
- Are you struggling to write an academic essay?
- Why quantitative analysis is the master key to a successful thesis
- Get Statistics Assignment Help Online
- Get Statistics Assignment Help
- Top 10 tips on how to combine your part-time work and studies in the UK
- Speculations on a Quantum Model of Gravity
- How To Avoid Plagiarism (Copy And Paste) In Research Writing
- What Is Research?
- The Most Effective Method To Choose A Good Project Topic
- Progressive IT universities in USA
- What is Free and Fair Election?
- How To Write A Final Year Research Project or Dissertation
- Academic Writing Tips - How to Write a Book Report for College Level
- The Difference between Online and Traditional Classes
- Risk management
- Do Current Law Students Need: Remedial Study; and Different External Bar Preparation?
- Proofreading Your Assignment
- Should I visit the College?
- Examples Of Economics Thesis and Dissertation Topic Ideas for American Students
- Selecting a psychology degree program - the Ph.D, Ed.D, Psy.D and Ed.S
- Is Global Education Accessible to Asian Students?
- Ways to do stress-free coursework writing
- How to find a job right out of University
- Choose the Best Marketing Dissertation Topic Using 3 Tricks