Real Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe (Neo-Paleo, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free)
- Author Aj James
- Published April 18, 2012
- Word count 374
In the days before "red" was an ingredient, red velvet cupcakes were actually made with FOOD that was red - namely, beets.
Hold the phone...beets in your cupcakes?
Yes, you can put vegetables in your cupcakes, as well as my other deserts. And you should, too. It's not even fair how good these freaking cupcakes are.
And never fear - they're gluten-free and grain-free, as well. Kinda goes with the Paleo/Primal plan - swap your grains for some fresh veggies (true story - with a little creativity, you can put veggies in anything). Fewer grains mean fewer carbs and a whole lot less gluten and other inflammatory agents--leaving you with just a delicious desert that treats your body right.
In the case of these cupcakes, the beets make them incredibly moist and give them a unique flavor.
They are..."real" tasting. I know that's not terribly clear, but bear with me...
You know how when you bite into a "normal" cupcake it's like getting kicked in the teeth by pure sugar? These aren't like that. Beet-based red velvet cupcakes taste like delicious, delicious FOOD. And they are. Butter. Beets. Chocolate. A touch of natural sweetener. Ohhh boy...
So give them a shot - you might find that you like veggies after all.
2 cups beet puree*
1 cup melted butter
3/4 cup almond flour
3/4 cup coconut flour
1 cup 100% cocoa powder
1/2 cup whole goat's milk
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup xylitol (for low-glycemic) or natural sweetener (honey, maple syrup, etc.)
2 teaspoons Greek yogurt or goat yogurt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 oz 100% chocolate bar cut into small pieces
Sprinkles of cacao nibs
*To puree the beets, take 2 to 3 unpeeled medium size beets, cut the stems off, wrap in tin foil and bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 1 hour. Let cool. Peel the beets (the skin should slip off pretty easily). Puree in the blender or food processor until smooth like applesauce.
Mix all ingredients except for the cream cheese, cocoa nibs and cinnamon. Scoop the batter into paper cups in a cupcake pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Let your cupcakes cool (or not), top with cream cheese, and sprinkle with cacao nibs and cinnamon.
Abel James is an author, fat loss coach, paleo/primal blogger and veritable health crusader. A former strategic advisor to the food and beverage industry, Abel now acts as a consumer advocate who exposes the truth behind powerful special interests that have accelerated the worldwide obesity epidemic and health crisis. Abel harnesses the techniques he developed for the Paleo-based LeanBody System to achieve compelling results in fat loss and health for his community. Find out more at fatburningman.com.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Great Guide To Having A Healthy Body
- 8 Benefits of CBD Oil and Its Uses
- What Is Leptin Resistance?
- What are the health benefits of CBD Oil?
- Healthy Diet Tips for Pregnancy
- How to get a well-defined muscle mass in a short time?
- What is the most effective weight loss diet over the long term?
- How to Prevent Gestational diabetes
- Pre-workout supplements
- Incredible Properties and Benefits of Chayote
- Full Spectrum Hemp Oil vs. Isolated: what is the difference?
- Blood and Guts Pre-Workout
- The Health Benefits of juicing
- The Healing Power of Currants
- The Fact About HGH Supplements
- 10 Wellness tips – this is how to stay healthy during winter
- Something to help you with your pre workout training!
- Marijuana-Cannabis-THC-CBD - Definitions and Slang
- Whey Protein: Benefits, Uses & Requirements
- How to benefit from Keto's revolutionary fat-loss diet plan
- Wild Antarctic Red Krill Fish Oil - Best Omega 3 Fish Supplement?
- How To Become A Fit Vegan
- Mass gainer - take your dose of energy
- Green Coffee Bean Health Benefits
- Don’t Eat These 3 Food Groups if You Have Arthritis
- How to Improve Your Metabolic Health with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Benefits of Probiotics
- How To Protect Yourself From Sickness & Disease
- Boost Your Brain Function And Improve Memory With Pearl Powder
- Digestive Problems In Usa And Its Cure