Excellent Reasons For Using Green Energy Technology
- Author Bryant Reed
- Published May 5, 2012
- Word count 707
How can green energy change your life? It can reduce your reliance on the almighty electrical grid, lower your energy bills and reduce your footprint on the planet. What ways are there for you to be involved? Read the following tips and techniques to learn how you can use green energy.
Overpaying initially for green technology eventually pays for itself. Usually, technologies that are green cost more than regular technologies, but in the long run this will pay off in the form of reduced utility costs. The environment will also benefit.
If you are not using the lights, turn them off. Use lighting in the evenings only when you have to, and turn off switches when you exit a room. Turn off unnecessary lights, such as outdoor lights or cabinet lights, when they are not being used. This simple step will help you reduce the amount of energy you use.
You might want to upgrade your home to a geothermal HVAC system for heating and cooling. Alternate HVAC systems require underground pipes that have water and refrigerant. They then enter a device which either heats or cools your home as necessary. Since underground temperatures are steadier underground, these HVAC systems are more efficient.
Put your freezer and refrigerator in a cool area of the house to save energy. Don't expose these appliances directly to sunlight or heat. If they absorb heat, their internal temperature will rise and they will need more energy to run.
Energy Star rated appliances should be used in the home. This rating is given only to energy efficient appliances that are guaranteed to save energy over standard appliances like the ones you are replacing. Refrigerators and freezers use 20% less energy and dishwashers use 40% less. Energy Star rated washing machines save at least 50% of the energy used by the older styles and also save a lot of water.
When planning out your solar PV system, try to locate the battery storage system as close to the cells as possible. This helps to prevent any power loss in the cable. Additionally, the cable cannot shade the cells, which can cause reduction in generation.
You can obtain hot water for a cheap cost with solar energy. There are many solar hot-water appliances to get the job done. There are direct circulation systems as well as indirect systems. Most individuals will find the indirect option to be their best choice, as this option has methods in place to alleviate the problem of pipes freezing in the coldest months of winter.
Replace and clean furnace filters yearly, and check them monthly. If your air intakes and registers do not have filters, take the time to install them. This reduces debris and small toys from falling into the ducts, which will make them less efficient.
Set your water heater's temperature to about 120 degrees if you would like to go green and lower your bills. Contrary to popular belief, this temperature is both safe and comfortable, and more importantly, it can reduce your electricity bill by up to 10%.
If you are a fan of green living and green energy, try using your electric heaters as little as possible during the winter. Dress more warmly when around the house. Wear slippers and a heavy top, and light up your fireplace or pellet stove for increased warmth at low cost. Keep in mind, cooler air while sleeping makes your breathing better, and keeps your airways from getting too dry.
Do not neglect your ceiling fans during the winter. Switch your fans to clockwise rotation; the warm air will be pushed down toward the floor where you can feel it. The amount of electricity used by the fan is offset by energy savings you acquire by not running your heater as much.
Be sure that the solar panels you install are installed at the proper angle. If your home is located in the north you will need to place your solar panels on the south side of the home at the proper angle. This ensures you get the optimal amount of solar power.
A lot of people consider alternative energy sources, but most people don't take time to actually implement it. This article should have offered some ideas for you to go green!
This article is written for solar panels installers uk who are Solar PV specialists based in the UK. EcoCentral offer the latest technological innovations to help you get a better understand as to best save money.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Water Removal Solutions for Building Sites
- Five Facts About Renewable Energy That You Need To Know
- Not just cheap energy – why should you consider installing solar panels?
- What are the benefits of camping?
- 10 Most Practiced Economic Activities in Vietnam
- 9 Types of Economic Industries Found in Vietnam
- 5 Mineral Resources Found in Vietnam
- Climate change: It is happening right here and right now.
- Climate change
- Types of Environmental Remediation
- Undertake CAT Course to Create a Safe Work Environment
- The Most Deadly Strain of Ebola Strikes Again
- Advanced Waste Management System in Major Australian Cities
- Top 3 Things Every Dental Practice Should Do About Their Waste Starting From Today
- 4 Staggering Facts About Hazardous Waste
- Best Practices And Etiquette For Lab Waste Disposals
- The Case for Top-down Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) in the developing world
- 7 Tips To Manage Your Chemical Waste Disposal
- Why Hazardous Waste Disposal Can Be A Problem
- The 7 Most Common Metals That Can Be Recycled
- Precious metal refining do’s and don’ts
- What is biohazardous waste?
- How to properly dispose of paint and consequences for not doing it correctly
- How Do You Dispose Of Healthcare Waste?
- What Is The Difference Between Offensive And Hazardous Waste?
- Plastic is polluting our oceans
- How do storms impact wastewater pumps
- Environmental Analysis and Industry
- What to know about shoreline cleanup
- Biofilters for air pollution control