Essential Oil Uses V
- Author Sonora St Cyr
- Published May 28, 2012
- Word count 471
Essential plant oils are distilled from plant leaves, roots, and flowers. The water and plant material is discarded and what remain are the most potent, volatile oils of the plant. The essential oils of many plants are healing and may be used to treat many conditions. This paper takes a brief look at essential oil uses and provides basic information around the safety of using essential oils for healing.
One common ailment is fatigue. Doctors are recognizing that fatigue is a serious issue and chronic fatigue syndrome is being diagnosed more frequently. Lack of energy can be due to many factors, including diabetes, cancer, and hormone imbalances. A deficiency in magnesium is also known to cause excess fatigue. What can essential oils do to combat fatigue? Diffusing oil of lemon, rosemary, and peppermint into your living area is a great way to feel an increase in energy. Other essential oils that are stimulating and energizing include black pepper, basil, and juniper. Simply breathing these oils and focusing into areas that feel especially tired is one way to feel more energized. A drop of peppermint oil on the nape of the neck or crown chakra increases alertness and mental acuity.
Fevers are the body’s response to fighting infections. Although fevers are functional, they are not comfortable. And they can be dangerous when the body temperature rises above 104 degrees. Neurological damage may occur in extremely high fevers. Some essential oil uses for high fevers include diffusion and massage. For children and adults, massaging a dilution of peppermint oil and almond oil into feet and hands is a simple, effective way to treat fever. Other essential oils for fever include Eucalyptus radiate, Idaho balsam fire, and rosemary.
Headaches are common and sometimes strike hard. A bad headache stops you in your tracks. Essential oils are a great all natural remedy for handling tough headaches. Headaches can be caused by hormone imbalances, stress, spinal misalignments, and circulation problems. Essential oils of peppermint, eucalyptus, lavender, spearmint, clove, and rosemary are good for treating headache. Breathe the oils directly, through diffusion, or apply them in a 50/50 dilution to the temples, wrists, and back of the neck. Hand massage with peppermint oil, focusing on pressure points around the meaty flesh on the thumbs is immediate first aid for even the most severe headache.
Nausea is easily treated with essential oils. Peppermint, ginger, and patchouli oil are appropriate for treating nausea. Peppermint is especially good for treating carsickness and motion sickness. Patchouli oil prevents vomiting by reducing muscle contractions associated with gastrointestinal muscles. Rubbing a dilution of lavender and peppermint oils on the insides of wrists, over the navel, and at the base of the skull help ease nausea and the discomfort related to vomiting. A warm compress with these same oils on the stomach is also useful.
Sonora St Cyr – Professional Healer and Herbalist
My name is Sonora St Cyr and I’ve been a professional healer & herbalist for many years. In that time, I’ve gained a huge amount of knowledge about using the power of Mother Nature to ease our bodies back into balance. I believe that the earth holds the power necessary for us to completely heal any dis-ease our bodies may be experiencing.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Healthy Diet Tips for Pregnancy
- How to get a well-defined muscle mass in a short time?
- What is the most effective weight loss diet over the long term?
- How to Prevent Gestational diabetes
- Pre-workout supplements
- Incredible Properties and Benefits of Chayote
- Full Spectrum Hemp Oil vs. Isolated: what is the difference?
- Blood and Guts Pre-Workout
- The Health Benefits of juicing
- The Healing Power of Currants
- The Fact About HGH Supplements
- 10 Wellness tips – this is how to stay healthy during winter
- Something to help you with your pre workout training!
- Marijuana-Cannabis-THC-CBD - Definitions and Slang
- Whey Protein: Benefits, Uses & Requirements
- How to benefit from Keto's revolutionary fat-loss diet plan
- Wild Antarctic Red Krill Fish Oil - Best Omega 3 Fish Supplement?
- How To Become A Fit Vegan
- Mass gainer - take your dose of energy
- Green Coffee Bean Health Benefits
- Don’t Eat These 3 Food Groups if You Have Arthritis
- How to Improve Your Metabolic Health with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Benefits of Probiotics
- How To Protect Yourself From Sickness & Disease
- Boost Your Brain Function And Improve Memory With Pearl Powder
- Digestive Problems In Usa And Its Cure
- 10 Top Solid Nourishments To Keep You Fit
- Pure Water Health Benefits
- "The Year of the Vegan"
- How A Great Fat Loss Program "Over 40 Ab Solution" Is Beneficial?