Practical Tips On Storing Fresh Juice
- Author Stella Dawson
- Published June 1, 2012
- Word count 652
Fresh juice is expected to be taken fresh, easily put, immediately after it is freshly prepared. Storing fresh juice not only risks the loss of living enzymes and vitamins, it can also result in oxidation of the juice. Fresh juice is preferred over juice concentrate simply because it is natural, healthier and contains no artificial coloring or preservatives. Since we are after the natural goodness of juices, we should enjoy its maximum nutritional benefits by drinking it fresh. If you are looking to maximize the benefits of drinking juice, you should drink it within 20 minutes after it is freshly prepared.
Nevertheless, a large percentage of of us lead a hectic lifestyle these days and might not have time to be juicing and cleaning the juicer few times a day. Thus, it is practical to juice surplus to stock up for convenience. The nutrition in fresh juice decreases as time goes by. Then again, if you keep fresh juice properly in the refrigerator, you can prolong its shelf life up to 48 hours.
What does it mean to keep fresh juice ‘properly’? The single most vital consideration in storing fresh juice is the container’s material. Glass containers should invariably be used for fresh juice storage. It is alright to use clear glass though some health gurus advise using dark colored glass containers. It is said that amber, blue, green and other dark colored glass containers are better in shielding UV rays, thus able to preserve the juice nutrients better. Since your juice containers will be stored in the refrigerator, away from direct sunlight, it is perfectly alright even if clear glass container is used.
In storing fresh juice, how you fill up the glass container with juice plays a part too in maintaining its freshness. The guideline here is to always fill the juice to the top of the container. Keep no space between the juice and the top of the container as this will result in oxidation. Oxygen will be present if there is empty space in between. Always make sure that the glass container is tightly closed before keeping the juice in the refrigerator.
What if you don’t have a glass container at home? Can ceramic containers be used for juice storage instead? The answer is yes; premium ceramic containers are the next alternative to glass containers. One thing to note though, is ceramic container’s inability to be completely air-tight.
Plastic containers are a favorite with most ladies, using them to store anything from snacks to food. However, storing fresh juice in plastic containers is certainly discouraged. As a matter of fact, you should not even use plastic containers for keeping edible stuff. Plastic consist of harmful substances such as bisphenols. Exposure to heat and sunlight causes these harmful chemicals to be released. Normal wear and tear or oxidation breakdown can also cause the release of these harmful substances. Research have shown that such toxins can cause cancer, hormonal imbalances, abnormalities and other health problems. For the sake of your health, refrain from using plastic containers at all cost.
One final note on fresh juice storage. Maintaining the freshness of homemade juice starts at the point of juicing and not when it is already juiced. During the juicing process, exposure to high heat subjects the juice to oxidation and its shelf-life is reduced. A masticating juicer will help to minimize oxidation as its slower speed releases less heat, thus keeping the nutrients intact. With the advancement of technology, some centrifugal juicers today are also capable of generating lower heat. It is recommended to read the specifications and reviews before you purchase a juicer.
Air-tight glass containers are easily available nowadays; this makes storing fresh juice much easier. However, it is still best to consume fresh juice straight after it is made. In this way, you will get to experience the maximum benefit from your glass of healthy fresh juice.
Lose weight naturally and improve your health with juicing for weight loss tips. Get delicious juicing recipes and learn tips and advice for healthy weight loss at the Juicing For Weight Loss Tips Blog.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What are the health benefits of CBD Oil?
- Healthy Diet Tips for Pregnancy
- How to get a well-defined muscle mass in a short time?
- What is the most effective weight loss diet over the long term?
- How to Prevent Gestational diabetes
- Pre-workout supplements
- Incredible Properties and Benefits of Chayote
- Full Spectrum Hemp Oil vs. Isolated: what is the difference?
- Blood and Guts Pre-Workout
- The Health Benefits of juicing
- The Healing Power of Currants
- The Fact About HGH Supplements
- 10 Wellness tips – this is how to stay healthy during winter
- Something to help you with your pre workout training!
- Marijuana-Cannabis-THC-CBD - Definitions and Slang
- Whey Protein: Benefits, Uses & Requirements
- How to benefit from Keto's revolutionary fat-loss diet plan
- Wild Antarctic Red Krill Fish Oil - Best Omega 3 Fish Supplement?
- How To Become A Fit Vegan
- Mass gainer - take your dose of energy
- Green Coffee Bean Health Benefits
- Don’t Eat These 3 Food Groups if You Have Arthritis
- How to Improve Your Metabolic Health with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Benefits of Probiotics
- How To Protect Yourself From Sickness & Disease
- Boost Your Brain Function And Improve Memory With Pearl Powder
- Digestive Problems In Usa And Its Cure
- 10 Top Solid Nourishments To Keep You Fit
- Pure Water Health Benefits
- "The Year of the Vegan"