The Best Thing About Working for Myself
- Author Jill Ferguson
- Published June 6, 2012
- Word count 532
After I retired from public service, I wasn’t ready to stop working. After helping others realize their potential for the last 30+ years, I still wanted to help people but in a different way. And I knew that working for me was the way to go. Studies have shown that self-employed adults are significantly more satisfied with their jobs than other workers. And they’re also more likely to work because they want to and not because they need to.
One of the best things about self-employment is that it is up to me to make things happen. Some people might be intimidated by that, like being directly responsible for putting food on the table, and deciding what today’s schedule will be but I wasn’t. I am in control. I can decide how much or how little I am going to work. And best of all I chooses which projects or activities that I’ll do and which others I can hire someone else to.
The second best thing about self-employment is that it strengthens my faith and beliefs. It isn’t always easy and I am the first to admit that like everything else, being self-employed has its ups and downs. But tough times build character and best of all activate our inner creativity. It’s amazing that each time I go through a rough patch, I’m indifferent or unmotivated, something kick-starts my inner creativity and I am to figure out a solution. I may lean on the Lord for inspiration and guidance but I know that I have the tools to get through the storm.
Another great thing about being self-employed is that I get paid to do what I want to do. I love to help people and being the owner of a health and wellness consultant. For as little as $45 a month, I have access to life enhancing products, great marketing support and an unlimited income opportunity. I get to travel to different cities for conferences, I work with great people and I can get as much help as I need.
Finally, the best thing about working for me is that I Can Be More of Me. I’ll be honest, at first I struggled. The whole idea of "being self-employed" was frightening. But the Nikken team made it really easy for me to get started. They provided me with educational materials that gave me a solid foundation of the magnetic, sleep and air and water technology that I’d be providing to my customers. I took advanced training courses such as the Humans Being More® which helped me understand myself so that I would be able to better serve others. It taught me how to communicate better with others so that I wasn’t held back anymore but I awoke each day to limitless possibilities.
Working for yourself isn’t just a career choice, it’s a life choice. I can make a difference each and every day. My customers are more than that to me. They become my friends. I can’t think of a time in my life that I was happier than I am now. And I’ve only just begun.
After 31 years in the public service and experiencing my own personal health challenges, I decided that it was time to make a healthy change. I am now an independent consultant for a Japanese company that is introducing this revolutionary sleep technology that corrects magnetic deficiency syndrome and physical ailments such as arthritis to North America. www.calgarycareerfind.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Locksmith 4 U - Keypad Door Lock
- How to Earn a 6-Figure Side-Income online from Affiliate marketing
- 7 Cool Landscaping Ideas for Dubai Residences
- Affiliate Marketing: Building Affiliate Marketing Websites The Easy Way
- Online Sales Mean Cash for Affiliates
- 5 Must-Have Components of an Email Marketing Campaign
- Can You Make Money Off YouTube — Of Course
- What makes GNLD Super 10 multi-purpose tick?
- Common Myths in Freelancing
- How to Make Money With Your Own Adult Website
- The AI Content Revolution is starting without you!
- Advantages of Having a Home-Based Job
- Black Homeownership: How Past Inequalities are the Cause of Today’s Inequities
- UNITED Garage Door Repair
- There's Big Money In THE FACTS ABOUT NETWORK MARKETING
- Properties of Self Compacting Concrete Mix
- How to make more money from your investment property?
- Have you had enough of the daily 9 to 5 grind for little money and wondered how easy it would be to start an online business?
- 3 Ways to Profit in Lock Down
- How A Cup Of Tea Make You Millionaire/Rich?
- Transform Pic to Word and Create Personalized Photo Gifts for Special Occasions
- Turn Picture Into Words to Get Unique, Cool Gift Items
- how to rank youtube videos in 2020
- Balancing the levels of indoor humidity is crucial - HWisel
- How To Develop A Brand Strategy
- My Transitioning Story: Office-Based to Virtual Working
- Add Extra Charisma to Your Wedding with These Table Centrepieces
- Best Steps for Improvements in Commercial Real Estate Business.
- Commercial Real Estate Property - Halsey Real Estate
- Advice On How To Be More Successful At Blogging